Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, chickamauga, crappie, 9/25/09, Labman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fabulous fishing Friday. I had a first timer fishing with me today, (Labman), but an experienced fisherman is he. He has fished all over this country just about and is a very good fisherman. He caught onto this dock shooting, bite detection system very quickly and held his own over the 1/2 day of fishing.<br /><br />Today was a carbon copy of yesterday's fishing results, only today it was sunny, calm wind, flowrate the same and crappie still in a hungry feeding mood. I picked Norman (Labman) up at Chester Frost dock about 7:35 or 7:40 and then we ran upriver about 7 miles or so and started fishing our way back downstream. We fished about 12-15 miles of river. (We didn't hit every spot during that span) but just the hotspots. We landed 80 crappie. Norman kept 4 smaller crappie for dinner 10 to 10.5 inches and I kept 10 crappie 11 to 12" plus one spotted bass for supper. <br /><br />The pattern was exactly like yesterday's report. 1/32 oz jigs with BG shads and panfish assassins in various colors. Fish were 4 to 6 count deep, suspended over deeper water. Some fish came out of about 6 to 8 feet of water, but water 20 feet deep was within a short casting distance. The fishing was a little bit strange in that early on, nearly all that we caught were smaller crappie not exceeding 10.5 inches long and then about mid-morning, the bigger fish suddenly showed up and began to bite. The last place that we stopped yielded our biggest crappie of the day. Some really heavy slabs. All these were returned to the water to grow. We only caught one spotted bass today, no smallies.<br /><br />If anyone needs a fishing partner I would recommend Labman. He is a good fisherman and great to be with. I really enjoyed our fellowship today. We are planning another trip together in a couple of weeks. emoBigSmile emoGeezer