Fishing Forum

Full Version: Good ending to a bad start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman"]As my boy Tyson and I left 2 hours late from home on Friday after noon, I realized my second set of batteries for my camper is not charging from the truck, I left any ways. Upon arriving at Bear Lake I got out of the truck and noticed my tong on my boat trailer had rusted away causing it to bend and was only about 1 foot off the road. The next morning I launched the boat, The boat had a dead cranking battery. The auxiliary battery still worked. As we fished on Saturday I was learning how to use the new down riggers and remote troll for the trolling motor. By noon I had it figured out, after I had managed to catch the slack of line in the prop of the trolling motor a few times. That was the only thing caught that day. We spent the night knowing that the next day are luck could not get worse. The next morning we started off on the rock pile at 6:30 trolling. By 7:30 Tyson had picked up a 34” Lake Trout. I then realized I left my scale at home. We trolled for anther 2 hours ending the day with 1 NICE fish.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[inline "34 inchs 15 lbs Lake trout web.jpg"]
That is a nice Bear Lake "Laker". Congratulations to Tyson and good job keeping at it.
[signature]
Were you able to get your trailer welded? That looked pretty close to a disaster when you showed up on Friday night. Anyway, I'm glad you got into at least one nice laker.
[signature]
Too bad you had all those problems on your way to the big blue pond but that is one fine mack your son caught. Hope you can get your boat trailer fixed. Thanks for posting your report and picture.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]Yes, I found a guy by the property I’ve been working on with a welder. I’ve got it fix Saturday afternoon.[/font]
Very Nice Paul. Thanks for sharing. Have not seen much of you around here lately. hope all is well for you and congrats to Tyson on a nice Laker! Thats a trophy for Bear Lake!
[signature]
Way to go Tyson ... that's a beaut.
[signature]
If that story would have happened to me, I wouldn't have event caught the fish. [sly] Sometimes life can be tough, you just got to roll with it. Beautiful fish!
[signature]
[cool]Welcome back, Paul! It's nice to see you around here again... Tyson's mack is a beauty! Tell him congrats! You getting excited for ice fishing? We're only two months away now...
[signature]