Fishing Forum

Full Version: Scofield-Big Tiger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually don't post much because I don't like typing very much but I had to show this guy off. I caught him last monday at scofield. He was 26 inches long and I figure about 6+ pounds. Just as all the other reports this week have been saying the fishing has been pretty good up there this last little while. Mostly just small fish but every once in a while you may hook into something decent. I'm sorry if the file is too big. I havn't figured out how to make it smaller yet.
[signature]
WOW! I will say it again- WOW! Nice fish.
[signature]
Hi,
Nice fish! Did you keep it or release it? The reason I ask is that if you released it, it was probably the State record C&R tiger trout. A buddy of mine caught and released a 25" 5 pounder up there last year and we didn't find out until March of this year that it would have been the State C&R record had we taken a pic of it by a ruler. The last I knew the current record is 24". Thanks for the report ;0) Fred K.
[signature]
I did release it, and my friend took a picture of it by the measuring tape on his camara.However, I never saw that picture he said it turned out terrible so he deleted it. So I can't prove it for the C&R record but that's ok.
[signature]
Moby Dick! Beautiful fish! I have caught a ton of tigers up there, but never seen anything that size out of Scofield. Congratulations.

Did you catch him on a minnow or what?
[signature]
very nice hog. looks like its time to get with it.
thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Sweeeeeeet fish mate!
[signature]
Now that's a killer tiger! Nice work man.
[signature]
[cool]NICE tiger, dude!! That is one big chubmuncher you got there! I didn't realize they were getting that big in there already! I think they were just introduced like 3 years ago or so! With all of the tigers showing up in there these days, I'm really getting excited to ice fish it in early December before Strawberry freezes...

Wish I could get up there right now...
[signature]
BEAST~!!! awesome fish man
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]WOW that is one pretty Fish! Are you going to do a mounting from the photo? [/font]
Thanks for the POST, and do more post- love to here our stories. Who care’s about typing or miss spelled words, after all I am the worst at spelling. [Wink] [fishin]
[signature]
Very nice tiger there!
[signature]
Really nice fish dude. Glad you let her go. If things keep up up there we could see a state record out of there. I bet she fought like a frieght train!!! Those big females have some serious shoulders!!
[signature]
Just so you know, a photo with tape is not required for a C&R record. You just need a photo of the fish and a witness--both of which you have. Go ahead and submit it.
[signature]
Very nice fish dude and thank you for sharing. If I can't catch one like that, it's at least nice knowing they're in there.
[signature]
That is sweeeet!!! Just curious what caught that sweet lady. It's awesome they get that big......Congrats!!
[signature]
Thanks Guys. I appreciate all of the responses. I am not planning on making a mount because I hope I can go out and maybe find some bigger ones in the next few years. I am going to look into applying for the C&R record so thanks for the information. I know its kind of paranoid of me to not tell you guys how and on what I caught the big guy on but I would rather keep that to myself even though I did catch it on something which is pretty commonly used. Thanks again.
[signature]
In my experience, tube jigs and/or dead minnows always catch tiger trout. Kastmasters are good too.
[signature]