Fishing Forum

Full Version: Sarasota Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]October 20, 2009[/size][/font]
[size 2][font "Trebuchet MS"]Sarasota Florida Fishing Report[/font][/size]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]By Capt. Bob Smith[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]Finally some cooler weather is coming our way! As we see the Gulf water temperature drop, we should see the fishing improve. When the water temperature is in the low seventies, I think that is the best for all around fishing. For now, we have some seatrout, Spanish mackerel, bluefish, Jacks, ladyfish, and an occasional flounder in the shallow water on the Middle Ground grass flats. Live pilchards, shrimp and the DOA artificial 3” shrimp are some of the baits that have been working well.[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]The best methods of fishing the grass have been free-line or popping cork and drifting or anchoring or a little of both. I like the Eagle Claw 202, Size 4/0, Gold Aberdeen hook for fishing with live bait on the flats. About 3 or 4 feet of 30 pound test clear mono leader on 10 to 12 pound test line and you have a very good grass-flats rig. Of course ultra-light and fly also will work well, but you may need to upgrade your skill level.[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]We have had some slow days fishing lately, but on the whole, the summer was good inshore and offshore. More than I can say for the economy.[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]We should see the King mackerel start offshore this month and the pompano and blue action should pickup on the bay. Things start to happen when the weather starts to change.[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]Enjoy & Protect[/size][/font]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 2]My Website: http//www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com [/size][/font]
[signature]