Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, chickamauga, crappie, 11/06/09, Hal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hal and I had one of our better days today. Started off sort of slow this morning, but picked up late morning and on into the early afternoon. As far as big crappie, this was our best day ever. I landed my 14th, 15th, and 16th TARP crappies today. Two of the fish were 14.5 inches and the other was 14.125 inches long. We had several over 13" and numerous over 12". We caught several little crappie too. We released the TARP crappie and Hal kept some fish for a friend. Our total catch was 85 crappie, 1 spotted bass, 1 golden shiner, and 1 bluegill.<br /><br />The fish were caught on Bobby Garland 2" shads and the color didn't matter. I hit on the pattern pretty quickly and got well ahead of Hal on numbers and he finally said that he was going to have to stop and watch me and see what I was doing. After he picked up on what I was doing differently, he started catching crappie as fast as I was. Hal caught some really fine crappie over 13 inches, but failed to land a TARP today. It was just my day today.<br /><br />We saw Jmax and an out of state friend. They were bass fishing and I'm sure that the Legend will have a great report before the day is over. <br /><br />We fished both 1/32 oz and 1/16 oz jigs today. Water flow was 50,000 cfs as TVA is spilling below Chickamauga. Water temp was 61 degrees around 2:00 pm when we quit fishing. Docks, bluffs, and brush were fished today and most of our fish came off brush. However, 2 of the TARPs did not come off brush. They were on other structures. There is a crappie tx in the morning and I won't get too specific as to give someone a huge advantage. emoBigSmile <br /><br />As always, Hal, it was a pleasure fishing with you today. I'm glad that I got to ride and not have to guide and run the trolling motor. emoBigSmile emoGeezer