Fishing Forum

Full Version: Triton-LB, Carters Lake, CS Benefit Tourn, Spotted Bass, 12/12/09, Bill Payne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We had a great turnout given the weather forecast, which turned out to be rather nice w/ very moderate wind and plenty of cloud cover. I guess if you dressed for it, it just wasn't that bad..... The spots definetly were out in full force as the results proved that. Here is my report.<br /><br />Bill and I have been on a good roll using fish heads, dropshots, spoons, etc. Mostly fishing open water schools, well we didn't run across a good school all day, that was our first problem..... We caught some small keepers early on fish heads and spinnerbaits, but they were line burners..... We looked for schools but were unable to find anything so we went to the banks like everyone else, fishing anything and everything w/ jigs, fishheads, worms, and dropshots.... We got the bites to be competitive but didn't execute, we were broke off and screwed up on a few opportunities. Still ending the day w/ 14lbs it's hard to feel bad, could have been better but could've been much worse. Congratulations to the winners Forrester and Fauscett, they've been around a long time and are always a threat, as well as Wilson and Sisson who've been on a very impressive roll themsevles for their 2nd place finish. <br /><br />Rogie w/ "TN River Guide" and Chris "Fishnvol" both had impressive finishes beating out solid limits for top 10 and 11th place finishes. <br /><br />Thanks to the Forum Sponsors for their giveaways, Kenneth Collins won the TN River Guide Trip w/ Capt Rogie Brown, Phil Turner won the free half day trip w/ Scenic City Fishing Charters w/ Capt Richard Simms, Ward Smith and Lamar Ball each won a free cleaning/maint job w/ Premier Reel Cleaning thanks to Ramjack Scott, and finally Bill Payne won the $75 gift certificate to Coach's Custom Rods thanks to Coach Paul Bagby.....<br /><br />We'll have the video up soon, Rich Flowers "RichieRich" w/ Laniermapped will post the link in a day or two.<br /><br /><br />LB<br />