Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ririe Rumors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, guys and girls quit holding out on me. What is going on at Ririe? I heard some strange stories from Sat. I heard there were people out on 1 1/2 inches of ice. I also heard that someone dropped their power auger into the drink. The story goes that they were drilling holes and their auger slipped, when it hit the ice it broke through and went into the deep.

What do you all know about truth or fiction?

Windriver
[signature]
If I were to go on anything less that 4" there is no way I would have a powered auger. Some ice fishermen are crazy. If that is true there may be good ice very soon.
[signature]
I have buddies that have been fishing the edges on Ririe for two weeks now. They tie a rope onto themselves and a rock on the shore and go out on 1.5 to 2" of ice. For the trouble they haven't caught a thing. As for carrying the weight of an auger on that thin of ice my buddies would never be that dumb. No thanks! I'm 6'2" and 245 lbs. I'll wait for better ice. It won't be long now! [Image: beaten.gif]
[signature]
Closer to the Island today???
[signature]
MMDon wrote:[/quote]
Closer to the Island today???[/quote]

Could you expand on that a little?

I've gotten three calls today from people wanting to know about Ririe. I might have to drive up there tomorrow and check on the ice myself. Maybe somebody could post some first hand info and save me the gas [Wink].
[signature]
took a drive up there today, 3"-4" of clear ice. There were 25 people out fishing, one group by the rock pile and another closer to the dam. I saw a couple of people pull some fish out, looked like perch and trout, i didn't see any kokes come through but i was only up there for about 30 minutes. There is still a pretty good sized open spot on the west side of the lake.
[signature]
Hey Thanks. Hope the Kokanee fishing is good this year. Should be we did pretty good this summer up there.
[signature]