Fishing Forum

Full Version: Triton-LB, Carters Lake, HUGE Spotted Bass/Striper, 12.31.09, "Jimwarden"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out on a full day trip w/ Jim Walker, aka Jimwarden from the forum. Jim is a retired Tennessee Game Warden of 30 years. Jim wanted to get out and catch a trophy spot but learn the fishhead and jerkbait in the process..... We put a whoopin on some BIG Carters Lake Spots today. Overall numbers weren't as good as I'd like but wow was the quality there today LOL! Our best 5 weighed 20lbs and biggest 2 spots were 5.77 and 5.15 on Cul-m-rite. It's not every day that you can get double handful of 5lb spots LOL, both were caught on jerkbait. The fish were caught around 8ft deep on pointer 100's and 128's all were caught while working the bait very aggressively, none of our big spots were caught on the pause today. Water temp was 48-49 from Dam-River. Fish head bite was good enough to keep you're attention but not great by any means. We only caught a few on it today one was a good spot, the other was a "First Bite Robert Edison special" LOL. Another 20lb drag screaming white fish. Also saw 2 other big stripers behind a small 15inch spot that I had hooked on jerkbait. Jim also caught his first fish on big swimbait today, it was a real whopper as you can see. Thanks so much for the business Jim, I appreciate it very much.<br /><br />I have days open in January if anyone is interested in getting out to learn some graph fishing, jerkbaits, or anything they're biting, drop me a line or call me anytime. Happy New Year to everyone and good fishing<br /><br />LB<br /><br />