Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mantua/Pineveiw today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Five of us went to Mantua this morning fished from 7:30 to 1:00. Bites were were slow and lite. Ended up with 4 small blue gills and 2 small perch. At 1:00 we packed up and decided to give the View a try.
Fished the veiw untill dark. The perching was better, but still slower than expected. One of the guys got a major bendo on the pole and 15 minutes later ended up with this ......

[inline bendo.jpg]
[inline bendo3.jpg]
[signature]
i love those trips.. really slow, some catching, really slow.. then HOLY!! a fish like that not only makes the trip awesome, it makes a damn good start for the year!! congrats!
[signature]
to awesome!! thats one of my goals this year is to nail a nice sized tiger musky.... but i wait till soft water, i choose life!
[signature]
That is just AWESOME!!!!!!! Just one time I'd love to get one out of the ice.
[signature]
NICE.....that sure makes up for a slow bite!!!![Smile]
[signature]
You seem fairly cool there sitting on your bucket,must have been a long battle[cool]All I can say is WOW!
[signature]
Which guy caught the fish LOL? That's is sweet. What pound test did he have on the rod?
[signature]
The guy holding the pole caught the fish using just the average ice pole and line, with and ice fly and meal worm. The guy holding the fish is his friend, he was to tired reeling it in, and I was taking the pictures.
[signature]
[Smile]wow thanks for the reports and the pictures. That is cool that a dandy tiger musky. I would love to catch one like that someday.
[signature]
Do you have to use a special type of leader or will any old type of leader work? It seems like their teeth would most likely cut through any mono type lines.
Thanks,
Jeff
[signature]
Very nice Tiger. Did you get a length measurement?
[signature]
The tiger musky was 38" long. Weight ->heavy is all I could tell you. And as per the leader in the post before, just the normal ice fishing leader was on the pole. The fish wasn't hooked to deep just on the side of the mouth and spit out the hook after it got on the ice and had some slack on the line.
[signature]