Fishing Forum

Full Version: upcoming night at strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend I am headed up with the family to strawberry for a night fishing extravaganza. We are staying in the cabins up there, and may or may not have sleds to carry us over the ice. My question is has anyone fished brians fork this year, or has anyone had any success in the marina itself? Any tips or ideas about night fishing would be a plus to!!!

Thanks![cool]
[signature]
In addition to fish boss's request..would anyone mind sharing where they think the best places to day fish are? ive heard many but its so spread out ya know that since we're gonna be foot'n it id like to hit an area or two close together. places that come to discussion are mud creek,chicken creek,and around the marina. making plans to go this weekend and am really in a sense not familiar with the goods. been there a couple times but not alot to come home braggin about. any advice/help you wish to share would be really awesome. thanks fellas..[Wink]
[signature]
I'm not sure about good places but can tell you not to
go to chicken creek. I took a trip up today. Got on the
ice around 830a and fished until 100p. I moved around
a few times fished from 20 to just over 30ft and only
caught one fish (19" cut). Only found a few on the finder.
No good![pirate]
[signature]
Hey shill.. thanks for the heads up on CC. I've heard that a half dozen times now just talkin to peeps. The Ladders stink too I'm hearin. I guess the key is to have a sled. Which I'm not fortunate to own yet(bummer huh) but guess I'll find a slab of ice and drill away.. put the vex in and take a peek. I think it just depends on if its a persons day or not to have tons of success aye. [fishon]
[signature]