Fishing Forum

Full Version: North end of Utah lake access question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This old man's health is not the best as many know,, well everyone now lol, so I'm seeking ice access for a wheeler or snowmoble near the Pump house.. I dont fish that end of Utah lake very often and would like to change that if I dont have to pull a sled to far.. PM me any info you'd be willing to share.. Thanks in advance
[signature]
The houses that are near the pumphouse building are only about 20' from the Ice at most....this is private, but if you talk with them and explain your situation, they are nice and will usually allow you to park there. Give it a try, also all of the harbors are a good bet and you can park right on the ramps and fishing is good near the docks there on the north end.
[signature]
Thanks for the info but please dont get me wrong,, I'm not dropping dead yet, lol.. I can drag a loaded sled a coulpe hundred yard but health problems it makes it tough to get to a few of the locations I'd like to try on the north end of UL that others ignore (LONG walking distances). So I'm hoping to find a location I can wheeler from on the north end of the lake (farther north than AF, yet east of Pelican Marina). Whats the situation at Saratoga (sp) Spring Marina, do they allow public access??
[signature]
There has been in the past a little 4 wheeler path that goes around the gate at the pumphouse. I haven't fished it this year, so I am not sure if you can use it or not. Saratoga private marina.. is private and they are adamant about keeping it that way.. boots on vehicles etc... Even if you kindly explain that you just want to go fishing. They don't care.. Some people just don't like to share[crazy].
There is the saratoga marina that is further south on the west side but only ~3-5 miles from the north shoreline. you could easily park in their parking lot and load up a wheeler and get on the ice with the launch ramp. probably tick off a couple anglers that are fishing the ramp.. but they don't own it[cool]
I have wanted to do some exploring along the north and north west shorelines on a wheeler myself.
PM me and tell me where you are thinking of going.. I might have some other information that would be specific to your location of interest.
[signature]
If you're gonna try wheelers or snowmobiles on the north end of UL, give the Saratoga marina (the private one) a wide berth. There are several warm springs in that area that would just love to eat your outfit. You too if you're not lucky.
[signature]
hey geezer do you live in that community or somthing you blood thursty old bat[pirate]
[signature]
Hey thanks to all of you for your input, I apreciate it.

Yeah "Exploring" is what I have in mind. Finding my own little nitch, out of the way from where the crowds gather. I really dont have a problem wheeling 4 or 5 miles but would like something closer (my wheeler is old and would be tough to push if it coughed and puked)..

Nope, the Geez dont live in that nesting spot..

Btw Tom,, when we hooking up to share the cap again? We aint done so sense the Yuba HeeHaw.. Shot me a PM
[signature]
[quote waljustia]There has been in the past a little 4 wheeler path that goes around the gate at the pumphouse. I haven't fished it this year, so I am not sure if you can use it or not. [/quote]

I walked through that gate several times this year and I have seen 4 wheelers go through it. At the beginning of the season though, it was barely wide enough for only my sled, but in the past couple of weeks, it has been opened bigger. I was there on Tuesday, and it looks it is still wide enough for a wheeler.

As for parking, I have seen people park in the private driveway (must have connections or something), but the parking across the street isn't that much further away.
[signature]