Fishing Forum

Full Version: Grantsville Ice derby 1/23/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all its time again for the annual g-ville ice derby come join us 1/23/10 for some good fun on the ice! Bring the kids or just come out to have a good time and meet new people. We will be cooking chilli on the ice for lunch so come hungry! Send me a P.M. if you are interested and want more info. (first 49 people)
[signature]
You might want to rethink your derby this weekend. I was out at Grantsville today and the ice is pulling back pretty fast. We walked out on a 2X4 to get on the ice.
The ice doesn't look very good right now. Lots of water on the ice.
Maybe if we happen to get some good cold weather, it might be OK.
The weather reports don't seem to be in your favor though.
[signature]
Thanks
i was gonna head down today and take a look at ice conditions. doesnt sound good!
[signature]
[quote Playas44]You might want to rethink your derby this weekend. I was out at Grantsville today and the ice is pulling back pretty fast. We walked out on a 2X4 to get on the ice.
The ice doesn't look very good right now. Lots of water on the ice.
Maybe if we happen to get some good cold weather, it might be OK.
The weather reports don't seem to be in your favor though.[/quote]

I was out there Sunday with no problems, but I wondered at the time how long the edges would stay that way. Must be the 45 degree temps they have had for the last couple of days. Glad you said something...I was thinking I might head that way to-day.
[signature]
isent the 23rd the burbot bash also?
[signature]
Hey bro my dad said theres alot of water running in now also............. Shitty
[signature]
I fished it on Monday and it was a little iffy getting on and off the ice. I broke through each time, but it was right next to the shore.
The ice out on the lake was about 12", I took a neighbor yesterday and it was going to be his first ice fishing trip. We walked out on the ice but it was just too weak looking for our taste.
[signature]
still plenty of good ice today. about 11" do need a board to get out on it about 2 feet of crappy edge a few people fishing today not sure how they were doing, will continue to monitor tomorrow and friday.[Smile]
[signature]
Did you catch anything?
[signature]
did not fish just checked the ice after work. it was the same today gonna have a some good planks there in the morning.
[signature]