Fishing Forum

Full Version: AR-15?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been looking at all the types, makes and models and was wondering what was everyone's opinion on them. is one brand better than the other? I'm looking at a longer barrel length than the standard 16". Probably 20" or 22". Any input would be awesome! thanks!
[signature]
If you have the money, go with Colt. they are he best. If not, stay with Rock river or Bushmaster, You will be happy there.
[signature]
Have you heard anything about the Remington AR models?
[signature]
No I haven't, might need to research that one a little
[signature]
The owners of Remington bought Bushmaster. It's a Bushmaster basically.
[signature]
Just saw this report. I bought the Remington R25 in .308 (already have a Bushmaster Ar 15). I am still outfitting it. Had the scope, rings, rail and adjustable UBR butt stock dipped to match the Mossy Oak Tree Stand camo.
Picture attached. Love the gun. [cool]
[signature]
About a year and a half ago I was knee deep in the market for an AR. I ended up going with the Rock River. It helps if you have some that own an AR they will let you shoot. Nothing like test shooting a gun before you decide what fits you and your needs best. Good luck on your quest.
[signature]
Thats a nice lookin stick dude, Not being nosey, but do you care to share what you are in that thing? Send me a pm
[signature]
Where did you get your camo dipping done?
[signature]
[quote Theekillerbee]Where did you get your camo dipping done?[/quote]

[#000080]I got the parts dipped at Color and Camo Graphics.[/#000080]
[#000080]There are only two shops in the US that dip Mossy Oak Tree Stand. This one had the best turn around time (three weeks). And was the cheapest of the two. Colorandcamo.com[/#000080]
[signature]

PM Sent
[signature]
Did you ship the gun assembled, or did you break it down prior to shipping?

I really like what they did to your gun. I will probably end up using their services.
[signature]
[quote Wyobraz]Did you ship the gun assembled, or did you break it down prior to shipping?

I really like what they did to your gun. I will probably end up using their services.[/quote]

When you look at their website, they have a complete set of instructions, order sheet and pricing as well as shipping info. The R25 comes with the stock already in camo so I sent the scope, butt stock, rings and riser to them to match.
[signature]
Love my Colt HBAR. It has the heavy 20" barrel. I put an Eotech on it, and an adjustable stock, quadrail, weapon light, and a different flash hider. Fun for bunnies. Never had any problems with it.
[signature]
Good choice on the EOTech![reply][/reply]
[signature]
Its a bushmaster pretty much nice rifle!!
[signature]
What did you get?
[signature]
I actually thought about it and then thought some more.... Decided to just get fishin stuff because it'll get more use then an AR would.
[signature]
If you are ever going to buy an AR now is the time. Everyone has piles of them on their shelves.
[signature]