Fishing Forum

Full Version: I can catch only slimmers? Web 3/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know what my problem is but I went to the Web. yesterday to catch some whities for dinner and have fun with the slimmers as a supplement. I went to this one hole that I knew had a lots of whities and fished, and fished (1pm- 4pm) and all I could catch was slimmers. [frown] Got to admitt they were good looking fish but this forced me to keep one instead of a whitie which I didn't want to do. I did try one other hole full of whities but they just weren't interested. Sure wish I knew what my problem was on the whities. This has been going on for several weeks now? [mad] Used my standard prince and caddis larva with a wax worm a ways below Echo. Had to keep 1 brown for dinner.[frown]
I just needed to add this, I continue to miss my Bud, Sparky. I just ain't the same. I have to quit early because of that reason.[frown][frown][frown][frown]

[inline Nr.9.jpg]
[inline Nr8.jpg]
[inline Nr8.jpg] [inline Nr.7.jpg]
[signature]
The shinier the better for whities. Put on a size 18-22 rainbow warrior or lightning bug and they will be hard to keep away.
[signature]
Nice !!! Some good looking browns ...no white fish huh if life could be so good [Wink]
[signature]
What a problem!!!

Size matters with white fish. size 18 or smaller. keep your prince for your attractor to catch trout and trail a small fly for the whites, try: brassie,disco midge,wd-40,zebra,pheasant tail,sow bug,yong special,platnum caddis. If the white are there you should get them. No need for wax worm,makes your presentation too big.

Whites tend to hug the bottom. If you are only catching trout and you know there are whites there, your flys may not be getting down too them. Add weight.

have fun
[signature]
I am not familiar with the "platnum caddis" pattern. Can you give a rough description of it?
[signature]
fairly close to what i gave you on the weber when we met, less green in it though, at least thats what i have been told
[signature]
I wish my other computer had internet,I would post a pic.
it is a nymph that is tied on a standard hook.
silver bead
fl. red tail
baby purple yarn body
brown hackle collar

Originated by a tier from bountiful,think his name was Aflic.?
[signature]
I haven't had any problem catching the whites this year. In fact I've never caught so many. Here's a lanky fellow I caught yesterday. I caught six more out of the same run. I've been catching a lot of mine on a golden brown hare's ear tied with an orange underbody. The trout like it too.
[signature]