Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lincoln Beach 24 Mar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tore a ham string saturday while trying to ride a segway and it put me out of business until this PM. Is 65 to old to ride a segway? My doctor and wife think so, so I guess it is.

In any event, I was determined to fish so I loaded up the boat and headed for Lincoln beach. Launched about 12:30 to blue skies and a very slight chop. The parking lot was full of trucks with trailers. Water temp 48 degrees in the open water. Warmer in the harbor.

There were many anglers in front of the "L" so I continued west past the orchards to a location I call "Hypong Harbor" and as is predictable there was a fleet of sanpans on the water. This is a favorite spot for the Laotians and they are always there and always catching walleye and white bass. They are very good fishermen and I enjoy listening to their banter as they talk back and forth as they fish. Their language is somewhat sing song compared to english and listening to them laugh as they catch fish takes me back to SouthEast Asia four decades ago. Not necessarily good memories of that time in my life, but I have always admired the culture of the Laotians and the Cambodians and I certainly harbor no ill will to these descendants of the mountain people who fought valiantly against the Viet Cong.

All around me in small boats they fished intently and I saw the various fishermen catch a couple of dozen walleye before I finally put a small male of 17" in the boat. They fish in very close proximity to one another and none of them seem to mind if another encroaches upon their territory. They don't seem to mind if anyone gets close and I was fishing within a long cast of two boats. A Smile and a wave and a wish for good luck was all I received.

Walleye Bob arrived around three O'Clock and joined the flotilla. All of us were enjoying the day and the fishing. By 5:30 my injured leg could take no more and I left the lake with 4 male walleye in the live well. It had been a great day and the fish were a fitting meal to commerate my return to the water after my injury.
Nice work, Pez! Enjoy the filets. Green?
[signature]
Nice post / report. Thanks for the details, they were fun to read about! Glad to hear about the fishies[Image: bobwink.gif]

Shawn
[signature]
Nice write-up. Great attitude![cool]
[signature]
GOOD WORK FOR BEING INJURED. HOW DID BOB DO? CHUCKS TRYING TO TALK ME INTO THAT MONTANA TRIP.[Wink] SOUNDS FUN.
[signature]
Love the reports Steve. I drove by your house on a windy afternoon last week. Your boat was there and I thought about how much fun we had last year fishing from it. Look forward to getting out with you again soon. Nice work on the eyes!
[signature]