Fishing Forum

Full Version: New flies coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been messing around with woven flies and wiggle nymphs. I am tying up a woven mayfly, wiggle nymph that I hope to try out very soon. It will have a woven abdoment, and a pheasant tail thorax. I am shooting for a size 16. If they work, I am going to try and tie some woven hare's ears as well. I am hoping to get out soon, I'll give you a report.

katghoti
[signature]
If you could post a pic I'm interested to see what these flies look like.
[signature]
I want to see as well....I have done the woven thing, but a bit time consuming so more for show...but they do KILL!
[signature]
You're ambitious, I think I'm too lazy to try it, but definitely post some pics and reports, maybe I'll change my mind.
[signature]
I always thought weaving was hard as well, however, there are some easy weaves without using a crochet hook or even switching hands. The top bottom color is cool as well as the segmented look. I have two different types of weave down now, so I am hoping to get a fly done using either larva lace or using 6/0 silk. As I said, I'll keep everyone posted on the success/failure.

I'll try to get some pictures if I can as I experiement more. Maybe if people are nice, I'll pass some out to share as long as you promise to report back any success you have.

katghoti
[signature]
Your post got me thinking about trying to tie some wiggle nymphs. I'd bet some wiggle damsel nymphs would be killer up on the Idaho reservoirs this summer. I think I'm still a bit intimidated by the woven flies though.
[signature]