Fishing Forum

Full Version: Spring Fishing in Fort Lauderdale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

[url "http://www.ladypamela2.com/"]www.ladypamela2.com[/url]

954-761-8045

March 24th, 2010

The weather cleared up just in time for Spring Break 2010 in Fort Lauderdale. Today, Russ, Randy, John and Dennis fished aboard the Lady Pamela with Justin and Adam. Justin turned right out of Port Everglades as Adam arranged the trolling spread into the water. They trolled to the south catching Bonito fish, King Mackerel and Bluerunner. After they slammed the fish on the troll, Justin lead the guys to one of the many shipwrecks along the South Florida coastline. Small Almaco Jacks and Amberjacks were bustin’ the bait when a giant Cobia took a bite. Randy fought his dinner all the way to the boat and realized his catch was almost as big as his mate (Little Adam). Cobia are hard fighting fish that demand a sturdy rod and reel setup. Indisputably a rough and ready fighter, when hooked, a Cobia considered by some to be one terrific sport-fish that offers excellent eating.

[inline 001.JPG]

March 26th, 2010

This afternoon, Mario and his family from Canada set sail aboard the Lady Pamela II with Captain Paul and me. As soon as Mario stepped into the cockpit, he informed Captain Paul not to waste his time with little fish, only the big boys. I rigged up shark baits and we ran straight to 350 ft of water right out front. We felt very confident in the spot we chose but we weren’t getting any action. We sat in the same spot for 3 ½ hours, swapping out our bait every 30 minutes just to make sure everything was perfect, which it was on our end, the fish just weren’t feeding. We didn’t give up after our 3 hrs in 350, we ran to a shipwreck to see if anybody was home. As soon as we dropped bait on the wreck, Mario’s 8th grade son sat in the chair over the water waiting for the bite. Wreck fishing was day and night compared to Shark fishing. We left the wreck with two nice size fish that Mario’s son’s caught, an Amberjack and an Almaco Jack. Before we headed home, we made a pit stop at a shallower shipwreck with live Bonito as our bait. We caught two monster Barracuda, fishing turned out to be fantastic!

[inline 009.JPG]

March 28th, 2010

Just the other day, I was reporting how nice the weather has been in South Florida, I guess I spoke too soon. Today, David and his two friends left the dock aboard the Lady Pamela II for an 8-hour fishing charter; it was blowin’ like stink with 8-foot seas and no sun. Before we headed offshore, we stopped at the fuel dock and loaded up on live goggle eyes to suspend from the fishing kites for a Sailfish bite. We hit the road and ran straight to the buoy in search of Blue runners to drop on the shipwreck. The baitfish were not around, kite fishing it was. As soon as we got our kites up, the Mahi - Mahi were bustin’ bait left and right. A majority of the Dolphin fish were too short to keep, except for 2 and the 15 lb’er we missed. It was a good 2 ½ hours before two Sailfish ate at once. David and his buddies were fighting a double header on 20lb tackle, it was incredible to watch. The spindle beaks were jumping over each other, under each other and heading different directions. With one of the Sailfish, we were down to the knot; it was hell in a hand basket, but a good time.

[inline 013.JPG]

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

[url "http://www.ladypamela2.com/"]www.ladypamela2.com[/url]

954-761-8045
[signature]