Fishing Forum

Full Version: Roland Martin Show Jordanelle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes the show was on again two day at 12:00, I had the camera man with me most of the time as we showed Roland around the lake to the better spots..

The biggest bass he had on the show was 19 1/2" but he boated over 30 bass per day...

The show airs on 151 on Dish...
[signature]
Bassrods, I watched the show today and thought it was good in showing some good bass fishing in Utah, and the drop shot rig and technique.

Is that you on the boat with Roland Martin?
[signature]
Bassrods i dient see the show, please provide a hulu.com or something link, ut the last one i saw in korea, werent you basically following him around the "J"? i even saw the camera man tunr to the back of the boat and yours (perhaps) go to port side.... am i wrong? if i am i apologize!!!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000] [/#000000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] I saw the show with Roland Martain yesterday . I think it was pretty cool that some of the Utah waters are getting some recognition from the Pro's.[/font]
[signature]
No I was not in the boat with him, but the shots of him from another boat was from the camera man in my boat ...

The only shot of me was about 10 sec. and my dog was in my boat ...
[signature]
I wish I did have a link to put up or knew how to, I just had the camera man in my boat part of the time and helped to put him on fish...
[signature]
Back a few years ago I worked at giving seminars at a BPS store just out side of Huston Texas...

I talked about fishing in Utah and other states and how each is the same but still their own ways...The questions that most ask about Utah and fishing was three lakes..

1. Was Powell

2. Was Jordanelle

3. Was Pineview

And in that order, Powell was about the scenery and types and size of fish....

Jordanelle was the size of SM bass in the lake and how they fight...Pineview was the Tiger Muskies and size...

Sense then I have fished with around 10 people who came to Utah to fish at these lakes...
[signature]
So basically you didnt do anything to show him where the fish were? Did the ad from Roland say "Need an old timer to follow me around and carry my camera man"???
TS
[signature]
Do you just wait for him to post something and then criticize it? Come on. What is your problem with this guy? I'm thinking if the camera crew was on his boat he may have had some input into where he went, especially since he goes there all the time and does quite well. Have any famous fisherman from Florida asked you to take them out and show you the ropes here in UT? No? Hmm. I'm also thinking that maybe he knows what he's doing to be asked. Apparently it worked. Really, what is the problem?
[signature]
Your relentless attacking of Clifford has gotten extremely old.
[signature]
Hey Justin, it looks like you need to be reminded of the rules, personal attacks are not allowed. Please take a few minutes to remind yourself by reading them at this link.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=501838;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=501838;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Very well put Mr.Moderator. Not sure I understand the issue TS has with Bassrods.
[signature]
yeah there is no need for that trout slayer! bass rods knows his stuff just ask anyone who fished with him ! i never have, but seen him multiple times at jordanelle and he KNOWS WERE THE FISH ARE!! so he prefers bass over slimmers big deal, i like pepsi better than coke!! jump down my throat about it if ya want[:p]!! anyways nice job cliff its something you should be proud of
[signature]
Trout Slayer you will be better off postin your thoughts on any other angler on the the Rough & Rowdy board at least to a further extent than here on the utah general fishing board.. Too many softys an ole timers who cant handle a joke of any sort let alone criticism in my opinion as well as many others [Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Well when 70% of the posts' he makes is plain out jibberish/non-believeable/un-true, what else would you expect. I do agree that he does deserve a good pat on the back 30% of the time, BUT the other 70% he may deserve a swift kick in the rear!!![Wink][pirate] Kind of funny when there is a select few that stand by his side, yet 10 times that many message me rolling on the floor laughing!!!! All in All I love fishing, I believe he knows his stuff, but is out for attention and when he gets called out on false stuff people are quick to back him up, For example when he posted the report last year or the year before when he was fishing the Nelle, and caught all these bass, posted pix (for once) but reported it was freezing weather with snow showers, but the pix showed a man in shorts with a nice tan and sunny sky's hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............love me or hate me I am just human and willing to call foul!!!
TS
[signature]
Oh and I think it is kind of funny when we get in these arguments or [#0000bf]he [/#0000bf]calls me out says things like I have said he is THE MAN, THE HERO, but when I reply back he deletes what he said and I get BANNED for a week!!!
TS
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You may have your opinions of Bassrods, but sorry, we are just not interested in having you express them on this board. You are making accusations without any facts...just your own personal biases.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the process you have not done much to enhance your own image. Kinda pathetic actually. More like a schoolyard bully than a mature angler on a fishing board. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You might build more credibility if you actually went fishing and posted reports yourself instead of waiting in the background to ambush Bassrods.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Get a life.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Trout slayer, you are given trout fisherman a bad name, could you change your name to jerk bait or something similiar?

Thanks in advance...
[signature]
lol you guys jump his (^%&^% when he states his opionion on someone, being blunt and the way he feels, yet when one of you guys do it, its sugar coated and no one cries. good thing i dont state my opinion here on how i feel about certain things, i wouldent last long either.
[signature]
Oh yeah, when I called him out on the mentioned post on the Nelle a couple years it was not fact huh? "Snowy conditions and freezing", yet the pictures show a "person" in shorts/sandles and somewhat sunny/fair conditions.....weird.....you're right they are just opinions no fact in there at all. Again, don't hate when someone calls foul, and dont protect like everyone does when I call foul and he is doing the same stuff. If it not alright for me to say what I say (attack) then it should be the same way for him no matter what kind of fish he has (number of posts')!!!!! I will admit, I have not seen the program (Roland Martin Show he was in), but was his name mentioned in there?
TS
[signature]