Fishing Forum

Full Version: Corroon for Gov ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first want to say I not advocating for Peter Coroon I dont know were he stands on all the issues but I did read this today. Anybody have any opinions on Corroon ?

Corroon at odds over controversial bill approvals
In the 2010 legislative session, Herbert signed more than 400 bills and vetoed just three. On some of those decisions -- for instance, regarding stream access and the tobacco tax -- his Democratic challenger argues the governor made the wrong decision.

Herbert's Democratic challenger in the upcoming gubernatorial race says he would have vetoed it.

"We have a strong outdoor industry in the state of Utah, which is important to all of us, and I think we've now turned that upside down," said Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10228125
[signature]
chris, to be frank, the #2 reason i came to UT from a 10 year overseas tour is the fishing and for the past year and a half the stream access i read about in FF magazine..... now i feel like i should have went to CO.... i havent voted in probably 11 years, now im going to claim UT res. and vote for him
[signature]
Not looking like a bad choice. We'll never know but I bet Huntsman would have vetoed this bill. Herbert isn't a dimwit like Leavitt was, I'm sure he's well aware this isn't constitutional in Utah or the US. He just rather play favors than do the right and legal thing. He's already shown through several other actions that he'll be enriching many a lawyer by ignoring the Constitution. Some financial conservative- all this crap will probable cost us taxpayers tens of millions during a recession no less. While it will create a handful of jobs in the legal field it'll harm the $4 billion dollar recreational industry in this state. I know this is off subject but has anyone ever heard an estimate on how much money the Leavitt Strain of Whirling Disease has cost the people of this state?
[signature]
I dont like to bring politics into fishing mostly because of my experinces with them in island park. Not local guys but the ones that come for a week and then leave and feel they are entitled to everything and should have special privlages that others should not have. AKA private fishing on public water. Sinergy I agree that It might be nice to have a gov. that thinks this way but the Sad fact is utah is a heavy repulican state and dem. gov. canadates have slim and no chance to get in. You are almost better off supporting a republican canidate that aslo belives the gov. made a wrong choice. Anyway just some of my thoughts on the subject for what its worth.
[signature]