Fishing Forum

Full Version: polo-dog, Chickamauga, Crappie 100+, 4/5/10, TR20bh, Freida, Jim Frost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All I can say is that spring fishing is utterly fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We fished from 5:30 to 8:20 with me fishing for about a half hour beforehand to try to figure out a pattern that would work. The truth is, everything works this time of the year! Ben and I fished for a few minutes before we went to pick up Jim at a little before 6. We started out in WT as the wind was pretty brisk out there and there were keepers mixed in with a bunch of non keepers, maybe a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio, non keepers to keepers. Super fun though as often we had double and triple hookups on docks. Most of the fish were at a 5-6 count with 1/32 oz jigs and PAs. There were also keepers on brushpiles in 12-20 feet of water. We fished in the creek until 7 pm and then changed gears and went to find a spawning flat. The wind was still blowing which made it tough to feel/see the bite but we caught quite a few keepers. We had a great time out there and laughed long and hard. Jim and Ben are great to fish with! We ended up with 36 good keepers and Ben left the house with a 5 gallon bucket totally full to fillet tonight. They will have a great fish fry. We ended up with over 100 crappie fishing less than 3 hours! Like I said, I love spring! Hopefully Ben will get some pics to post.