Fishing Forum

Full Version: First catch on a fly rod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have recently ventured out to try my luck with a fly rod. I have been a long time spinning rod fisherman, but living here in Utah I have finally converted, especially after I caught my first fish on my second outing on a dry fly. Went to the lower provo after work yesterday and hooked this nice brown after an hour of tying my line up in knots in the air and hooking bushes behind me. Haha. Anyway, im hooked!! Cant wait to get out there again and improve my skills.
[signature]
sweet congrats! 2 things though....

1) diging that old reel like big time!!

2) you ever wanna hit the weber send a PM and well go fish!!

hopefully your hooked now!
[signature]
Very nice. What rod is that..it look like old glass, like a Browning or Fenwick.
[signature]
Welcome to the darkside! its all frustration and fun from here on out!

Nice pic.
[signature]
Haha, its funny that you guys mention my rod and reel. My father in law let me borrow it for a while and im pretty sure its older than I am. He got it about 30 years ago when he started to fly fish. Im not sure on the brand, but ill look at it and let you know goddess. Thanks for the support. I live down in Orem, but I would definitely like to try the Weber some time. Ill let you know if im ever gonna head up that way.
[signature]
Yep, its a Fenwick.
[signature]
NICE!!!!!!
[signature]
That's a really nice first fish on the fly. I think mine was a chain pickerel that I caught on a popper and a really cheap piece of junk rod and reel my brother had picked up at Kmart for $10. You definitely did it in style compared to me [sly]
[signature]