Fishing Forum

Full Version: What Baits To Use At Lake Powell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can sum it all up in 2 words: THE MANIAC!
Here are my findings after 2 weeks of fishing at Lake Powell. The first 3 days I had 28 people (half who had never fished for bass), and 5 boats. The other 3 days I had 22 people (5 were first time bass fishers), and 5 boats. The other days the wind blew, and it blew hard!
I bought 2 packs of 3& 1/2 in. and 2&1/2in. Cut'r Bugs, of all 5 colors listed for each boat. So 100 total of each. I rigged them on unpainted jig heads. I like to keep it simple when there are that many guests. The line I used is 100% florcarbon, 8lb test, on medium action graphites. Here is how they produced (now remember alot of these people were followers and would use any color someone else suggested but the numbers dont lie).
A few tips on fishing them. Make sure you cut the tails, you will need a small set of scissors to cut the 2&1/2 inchers. When your 3 or 4 fish rip your bait up so bad flip it over and re-string it. Your able to fish it a few more fish. Be sure to swim it like a Craw-Dad.

Bait Key:
3.5 size
1- Watermelon Green Black Flake : 95 used
2- Changeable Craw : 63 used
3- Watermelon Brown Black Flake : 57 used
4- Watermelon Brown Multi. : 55 used
5- Green Pumpkin Multi. : 53 used

2.5 size
1- Watermelon Green Black Flake : 51 used
2- Changeable Craw : 50 used
3- Green Pumpkin Multi. : 47 used
4- Watermelon Brown Multi. : 36 used
5- Watermelon Brown Black Flake : 30 used

The reason why I posted this information is to the help the novice bass fisherman become a better fisherman. If you've never made it to Lake Powell take your family and go! Now is the time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot make sure you eat a few! That helps a fishery like Lake Powell! Good Luck!
[signature]
Glen, thanks for sharing that with everyone.
[signature]
I have a feeling maniac is going to busy for awhile trying to keep there stock in cutter bugs up.[Wink] HA HA!

Thanks for the info pikeman, see you on strawberry this year I always seem to run into you at the gas station in heber.

If there are any opening at your work I would like to apply[Image: happy.gif]

fnf
[signature]