Fishing Forum

Full Version: Weber Runoff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has Echo opened up yet? I was up there last weekend and it looked really close to going over the spillway and blowing out the Weber...Anyone been up these last few days?
[signature]
Yep, It's open now.
[signature]
Thanks, if that is true then I am through with the Weber until it drops in the fall. On to the next river for me...
[signature]
Probable about a month later than typical. It fishes fine after several days for things to clear. I don't fish it much if any between now and fall more because so many other places open up with the warmer weather.
[signature]
Fished the Weber last night, and it was Chocolate Milk. Not even a bite. What a difference a week makes.
[signature]
Was up there today.. very stained !! nothing..
[signature]
go between echo and rockport, and even above rockport.... between echo and rockport sunday there was a MASSIVE hatch going off, we did pretty darn well ourselves there. above rockport i only managed one dink but was only there for 45 minutes.

both sections of water were in pretty good shape, aside from the flows being a little lower than normal.
[signature]
I fished it at Henefer on Monday afternoon for about 2 hours. Fairly high but relatively clear. It was pretty slow only caught 3 browns. I was using a spinning outfit and broke out my 4 and 5 inch plastics that I usually reserve for salt water. I suck with a spinning rod but between wanting some practice for an upcoming trip and seeing what the boys pull out with the big stuff I'd thought I'd give it a go. At least all 3 fish were 16-20 inch. DWR had put in at Hennefer and were a couple miles up doing electroshocking counts. Maybe they can tell us how many big fish are up there on private grounds that we have very limited access to now. Or maybe the private landowners will find this info useful in marketing fishing clubs or selling their land. What a joke for them to have 2 boats and at least a handful of people getting paid to do this now on our money from licences[:|].
[signature]
Release is now 303 CFS. Was 13 CFS in April.
[signature]
I was up at Taggards last weekend chocolate brown water with pretty high and fast flows. The lower spots were I usually cross at were up to my waist.
[signature]