Fishing Forum

Full Version: Powell - Bullfrog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell is still good.

Spent a couple of days and caught a lot of smallmouth (up to 3 lbs), largemouth, walleyes (up to 18"), one big crappie, and perhaps 50 or 60 large bluegill. No stripers.

One boating caution to anyone leaving Bullfrog toward Halls. There's and island off the Haystacks well out into the lake, that's about a foot out of the water, but within a week or so will submerge. It's right in the main boat traffic boat. Without any kind of hazard bouy, some one is sure to hit it and not only have huge damage, but could really get hurt.

Fishing is great - if you have a few days consider Powell.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, it sounds like the colder weather is keeping the stripers bite slow this year but the gill bite sure was on. Were any of the Bluegill over 12 inches?
[signature]
I remember when that little island was 80 feet out of the water! crazy it's almost submerged.
[signature]
Man am I ever excited for Powell. Jaybird77,ofishinado, thegreat and I are all headed to Bullfrog Wednesday and staying till Sunday! We are super stoked! If anyone has some good info., drop me a PM. It would be appreciated! LC
[signature]
None of the bluegill were of that size, but I bet the average was about 8"-9" which is a pretty respectable gill. Fat, bright orange and fighters.

What was impressive was the condition of the largemouth and smallmouth. That part of the fishery is very robust. You get a thick 15" smallie on light tackle and hang on.
[signature]
Glad you had a good trip Peter. I really enjoyed mine down there earlier this year. I will proabably look to do it again come fall...
[signature]