Fishing Forum

Full Version: Dry Fork Trailhead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My brother-in-law, brothers, and a few friends want to hike the Dry Fork Trailhead in the Uintas this summer. The trailhead starts by a place called Holiday Park. In one of the books that I have.... it says that Holiday Park is private and there is not much parking in the area. Does any know about this trailhead and the parking?

Thanks for any input!
Cdragon
[signature]
Holiday Park is private property. You just drive through it and can't stop or park anywhere until you get to the TH, where there is parking. Have fun with the graylings, and be prepared for major mugs if you go from June-August. I highly recommend long pants, shirts, and mosquito nets. Maybe even some protection for your hands.
[signature]
Hey Bigben..... yeah, we plan on being all "geared up" in our combat gear for the 'squitos. I know they can be really bad. We will be going about the middle of July, so I expect them to be about as bad as they can be. Thanks for the info! By the way.... how is the trail to Round, Sand, and Fish Lake?
[signature]
I haven't been up there since 2003 or so. If I remember correctly it was mostly up hill. I would not pack lots of water, maybe only a Liter at a time. Bring a filter and get your water at the lakes and streams. This will save you on weight.

There are several Geocaches in the area that are pretty fun to get as well. This one is near the Trailhead.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_det...b79f2fab0d
[signature]
The trail isn't to bad for the first few miles. The last mile or so the trail is horrible. I would recommend bringing GPS. We lost the trail a few times on the hike up. Also there are a ton of rocks you have to step on which makes makes the hike uncomfortable. Make sure you bring an extra pair of socks. Last summer when we went up I saw some kids as young as 7 make the full hike up to fish lake. So maybe I'm just out of shape but I was hurting pretty bad. The trail to fish lake passes right by Round and Sand lake so you can't really miss them.
[signature]