Fishing Forum

Full Version: What else should I fish with? Pond filled with weeds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The pond is completely full of weeds from the shoreline all the way to the drop off toward the middle. it is in a circle so its all the way around in a circumferance of maybe 200 yards across. So unless I want to fishing heavy weeds. I have to go out in my paddle boat and fish the drop-off/middle, I usually bass fish, but we have cats, crappie, blue gill, couple pike.

I fish in my pond a lot and all I use are worms and crankbaits along the weeds. We also use frogs along the top of the weeds, since there are so many.

I am going to try a weedless jigging spoon soon I think, just seeing what else people think, so I could either make or go pick it up from the store.
[signature]
I drag sencos,frogs and lizards weightless and weedless on the top of weeds. Pause to let them drop in any holes. Now thats a topwater bite!! [cool]
[signature]
I have a favorite pond here about 1/4 mile from my apt that is the same way after mid to late spring. It is completely covered with just a few holes in the weeds. On some days if the wind is right I might get a bank on one side that has about 20 foot of clear water from the bank to work.

I use floating frogs almost exclusively at that pond and wear them all all summer. If the frogs aren't working I try different colored and length plastic worms rigged weedless with no weight and work them over the weeds and let them drop down into open areas when I come across those and catch consistent bass there that way too.
[signature]