Fishing Forum

Full Version: pre season recreator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the soon to be wife and my ever faithful choclate lab up to south fork of the ogden (perception park) to go poke around and enjoy the nice weather. To my surprise not a soul in there and a whole river to our selfs. After a little of the leash time walk with my fav. girls, decided I would fish around a little ( I was actully looking for signs of salmon fly hatch). Not to many bugs yet but I did manage to hook up with several nice typical browns 12-16 inch. By the way who ever tied the B.H.H.E legged fly in the fly swap you are the bread winner for the day. I just used a san juan worm and the above mentioned as a dropper and that seemed to be the ticket. Big bugs should be showing up shortly. If you do happen to make it up that way wade careful water flows around 200 cfs and high but color is great and fishing was nice plus I made it up before the post memorial recreators (tubers,waders,swimers,campers, ect. ) made it up there. No pics but who really wants to see more pics of 12-16 in fish.
[signature]
sounds like a great outing to me.. and I for one always love seeing the pics of the fish caught.. no matter the size..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I tied the legged b.h.h.e.[blush] It is hot right know for the pre hatch. Try dangling it behind a orange stimy. You might get the bigger fish on the stimy right now. Give another week and it salmon fly all the way.[fishin]
[signature]