Fishing Forum

Full Version: Browning fishing rods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know who used to make Brownings "Syntec" fishing rods. I contacted browning and they are unable to confirm who used to make them, all they could tell me is that "Bass Pro Shops" currently holds licencing for them. I ask because I just recently broke my syntec rod and it happens to be the best trout rod I have ever owned, better than my st crouix and my loomis rods. Thanks.
[signature]
do the words made in china mean anything to you?

99% of all store brand and celeberty brand items are all made in china, indonisia, and other third world low waged countries.

I am not saying that a good product dosnt come from out of the states, Usualy most products when they first come out from over the borders the product is a quality product, it is when the production cost team and the bottom line team get involved to improve the profitability of the product is when the product takes a quality down fall.

Even when Browning owned the licensing of the rod, it was made in china.

but to answer your question, I am sending you a PM with a link to where you may find what your looking for.
[signature]
Browning -
Route #1,
Morgan, UT
84050 Tel#. (801) 876-2711

If they tell you Bass Pro Shop has the current license, then they are who you will have to contact for waranty issues.

If you are looking to replace the one you had with a new similar modle, it dose exist. manufactred in 2006-2008 and many places on line still cary it.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. I have contacted Browning and they couldn't even tell me who was making their rods prior to BPS purchasing the licensing in 2003. BRP couldn't tell me either. I wanted to know who manufacturered it so I could look at their current line of rods to replace this broken one. I know it is a shot in the dark at finding out, but like I said in my original post this rod is hands down better than any of my expensive rods. If anyone has a 5ft ultralite syntec rod that they want to sell pm me. part #sts502ul.
[signature]
Found the answer to my question. Zebco owned the rights to browning until 2002 when it was sold to BPS. However Zebco still owns the rights to Browning in the european market.
[signature]
lol, I was sure that was the UK link I sent you in the pm...

glad you got your answer,

the link I sent had their current line of rods.
[signature]