Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard bowfishing report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided to head out to Willard for some bow fishing action this morning....actually we were working the canal, but I hopped up on the dike, and I couldn't believe the water was so stinking low! I've never seen it so low, there was only 1 boat out on the whole place. I hope we get a little H20 this fall before it freezes solid and kills all the fish! Anyway we shot a few carp, that is always fun. One of these days I wan't to put an arrow down thier throats when they are up sucking bugs off of the top. I had one big carp on that broke my line....[Sad] That ended the trip a little early. One good thing was that I found a decent anchor stuck in the mud. It was in surprisingly good shape. So I think I still came out ahead in todays trip.

I did see a few terns diving into the water, but I didn't see anything that I could have called a boil. I may have to take the toon out there....no skiers, no PWC's, just me, the bay, and a billion bugs!
[signature]
I have found 3 anchors out there in the last 2 weeks, if ya find a pair of Oakley half jackets, they are mine Sad
[signature]