Fishing Forum

Full Version: mdjbro, Riverpark, Smallies/ Monster Spot, 5/28/10, John
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Waited all week to fish and then the bottom fell out at quiting time on Friday. So we went down to Riverpark and waited the rain out and got out on water after 6:30pm and glad we did. Nobody out much only few boats in parking lot and guite a beautiful evening after the rain. No current at all and we thought it might be hard to get a bite. Fished tubes and jigs and right at dark we started catching some really nice smallies and monster spots on some drop offs in 20ft of water and along rip rap. No alot of numbers but some really nice ones. I was out fished everyway I turned by John on the back, he put it on me tonight. Ended up with 8 smallies between us and several spots. His smallies were close to his TARP best but he is determined to break it now that we have found some nice spots. They seem to produce when the boat traffic quits after dark and that seems to be the pattern for us now.