Fishing Forum

Full Version: What is a top water lure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[signature]
A top water lure is a lure that stays on the surface of the water, by actions from the angler or by floating. If you would like to see some you can google them. Jitterbugs, Moss frogs, and Poppers are some of my favorites but there are many others.
[signature]
[#005000]First place you need to know what fish your after ! Then you look at types of lures from top to bottom! As for top and Bass, (Spinner baits, walking plugs like Zara Spook & Rapala's, then Heddon Torpedo's and Jitterbugs, Buzz Baits and frogs to many to name. You also have worms rigged Texas,weightless and weighted. ) Then you have surface and to 5 ' deep and middle area then bottom and then locations and structure. Plus you have types of bottom, sand, grass, rocks, trees and so on! So his information you need to be more specific on what you want to know![/#005000]
[#005000]Dennis[/#005000]
[signature]
[quote Dennis1022][#005000]First place you need to know what fish your after ! Then you look at types of lures from top to bottom! As for top and Bass, (Spinner baits, walking plugs like Zara Spook & Rapala's, then Heddon Torpedo's and Jitterbugs, Buzz Baits and frogs to many to name. You also have worms rigged Texas,weightless and weighted. ) Then you have surface and to 5 ' deep and middle area then bottom and then locations and structure. Plus you have types of bottom, sand, grass, rocks, trees and so on! So his information you need to be more specific on what you want to know![/#005000]
[#005000]Dennis[/#005000][/quote]

What does any of that have to do with his question?

Like it was said before its a lure that sits on top of the water. It's pretty exciting to use because you can watch it the whole time and generally see the fish hit it.
[signature]
lol [:p] I was wondering the same thing!
[signature]
I think he is physic, he is answering the next question before it gets asked...

obveously he is one step ahead of the game, Just the kind of guy you want in your boat on your next lunker tourny. [cool]
[signature]