Fishing Forum

Full Version: Carp Bait Recipe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have a good carp bait recipe? Big fan of just plain old canned corn but thinking about mixing it up alittle bit
Corn flakes and vanilla. Grab a hand full of corn flakes dip your hand in the water, form a dough ball and then put a couple of drops of vanilla on and then mold it on a treble hook. Catfish don't mind it either.
[signature]
So how well do those stay on the hook?

[inline "2[2].jpg"]
It actually stays on pretty well. An ol boy from Missouri showed this to me years ago, he used it for Catfish bait, but the carp always seem to beat them to it. You will notice as you are working the dough ball on your hook it will start to set up a bit. Try it, you won't be dissapointed.
[signature]
I've heard about this recipe as well, from Iowa fishing. Although I've never tried it myself. Sounds interesting. [Wink]

Justin
I'll give it a shot, always good to have a back up to the good old standby of canned corn... thanks

Blake
dogh ball can be made from most any cerial,

cerial dipped slightly in to the water you are fishing and mashed inside your hand untill a clay like dogh ball is formed and place it on a trebble hook.

for an enhancement, pour a little corn juice on your dough ball to make it extra sweet.
[signature]
yummy, corn flake with corn juice. Sounds like we are sticking with a theme.

[Image: fox+4-24-10+041.jpg]
[signature]
You can find lots of fishing recipes at the carp-tricks website along with other usefull information about carp fishing.
[signature]
Thanks,

That helps alot!!

Blake
[signature]
Slight variation on what other folks mentioned above.... try bran cereal mixed with Big Red Soda!

You will catch carp like this one Smile
I use cornflake crumbs,jar of peanut butter,2 boxes of cherry jello and a bit of water. Mix all together to form 4 lg. balls and I store seperately in sandwich bags. Take off individual pinches to bait hook. Carpies eat it up!
[signature]
sounds like somthing I'd try..

[Wink]
[signature]
I think I'll give it a go too.
When carp fishing do you guys fish on the bottom or suspended under a bobber? I've got a spot picked out and I can see them in there crusing around near the surface but all the carp videos I've seen have had people bottom fishing for them.
[signature]