Fishing Forum

Full Version: BFT Carp Club, UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all righty, the first get together of the carp club!! please remember to plan ahead, i will be drinking but i will also have a DD. kids and family are welcome, just act accordingly and if you do bring them please post that you will so i can bring some juices, snacks, and sodas for them! please use the buttons above to vote on where you want to go. im thinking roughly between 2000 (8) and 2400 (midnight), but can go on when ever, remember:

Aint no party like a carp fishing party cause a carp fishin party dont stop!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I thought cutler or benson marina was going to be a option, but thats okay, ill try to make it where ever it ends up being.

Thanks for puttin this together, i owe you a cold one
[signature]
they will be for the second outing, i just put these three on as a jumping off point, plus as a first time meeting area/place/what ever, some where that has everything we need, like the pooper, camping, a store close by seemed like a better idea in case we run out of something so i can write that down cause lord knows by the end of the ngiht i will forget!
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#0000bf][size 3]I'm glad it will run until midnight, because I already got plans that afternoon. I could be there about 5 or 6 P.M., though, depending on where it is.
I vote for either Willard or UT lake... because I have no idea what "BRBR" is! ...??[crazy]
[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
bear river bird refuge, it will start around 8pm dawn
[signature]
[#000050]So...is this a bank tangling party or are boats welcome?[/#000050]
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#0000bf][size 3]Oh! Silly me. Anyhoo... I'd be a bank tangler, unless anybody wants to let me stow away on their boat! [angelic]
[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
boats are indeed welcome, i would typically bring mine, but for this event i will not. if some how we line up a day event i might. float tubes are also welcome just be safe because it will be dark.
[signature]
I voted Utah lake due to the amount of fish present. Although Willard will do as well. Now are we talking Utah Lake State Park or Lincoln Beach?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry, but I just gotta ask. Why are you fishing for carp AT NIGHT? Do you have catfish and carp Confused? Carp are much more active when it is light.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Of course fishing is always good, even if the catching isn't. And if you just wanna drink beverages and not be disturbed by stupid fish I can understand.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#0000bf][size 3]I never really thought about carp activity. Though now that I think about it, when I'm at Willard, I usually see the carp jumping around an hour or two before sunset and then they quit when it starts getting shadowy/dark.
When I went with Troll one morning last spring, they were pretty active, cruising around the shallows...a'course, they were also spawning, and totally ignoring my bait.
[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
You should have it at Yuba. There are a millions of carp there and they love worms/night crawlers. One category for most pounds or numbers of carp caught. One for the biggest or longest carp, and a contest for the kids too.

Pablito
[signature]
i thought about yuba, but like i said previously, for the first go at it, i need some where familiar and generally close to most people. the kiddo contest i never thought of that. ill ask the other half about that... maybe for biggest carp we can give them a $10 gift certicicate to toys r us or something to that effect.
[signature]
you would be better off going to gunnison Res for a day of carp killing...
[signature]
UPDATE.... i have to post pone this, my dad is flying in from china on saturday so..... heres the deal, looks like it is going to be UT lake on the 24th. i hope thats ok with everyone, but i figured i better say something now then not at all! go ahead and flame away at me for changing the dates.... [crazy]
[signature]
That works even better for me. Still starts at 8 P.M.?

Also, you do know that's Pioneer Day, right? Won't there be a lot of "power squadron" out and about?
[signature]
well since a lot of people have asked this will be a day event, ill be bringing my boat down.... maybe someone can show me how to tag one with a bow and ill show them how on a fly rod
[signature]
I will mark the date down and see how it works into the current schedule. Work plans are changing here in the next couple of weeks. What are the times for the meet?
[signature]
im thinking, like to start around 8 am'ish? im going to bring my boat to this one also.
[signature]
I guess I'm not comin' after all... family party that day. I knew the holiday would ruin it! *pout*
[signature]