Fishing Forum

Full Version: New fee for stream fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
State officials are considering expanding a program to provide more access to private property for fishing by selling anglers a stamp for $5 or less to raise money to compensate the land owners. Here is a link to the article on KSL:

[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11331962"]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11331962[/url]
[signature]
Does this mean that the land owner will be required to come down and check each fisherman for evidence of this permit? Seems a bit unwieldy.
[signature]
This is interesting. I will have to keep a watch of this. Could be good, could be bad depending upon how one looks at it.
[signature]
They will likely have a card or a tag that you hang or put in your window like the state parks have. Then the DNR or maybe even the sheriff will give out tickets if you are parked on private land without one. I doubt the landowner will be involved unless he makes a phone call to the police about seeing something he doesn't approve of, IMO. Personally, I think it could be a good thing, if it opens up a bunch of private land that is now closed to fishing but we will have to wait a see how they do it.
[signature]
I agree this could be a good thing at least private land owners are willing to work with anglers instead if shunning us. My only gripe is According to HB141 floaters and river rafters can access these area with no fee. Again I dont mind paying the fee but seems like anglers are getting the short end of the stick.

Regardless if this passes kudos to private land owners for them willing to compensate and allow anglers to access there lands.
[signature]
it seems to me all the land owner wants money. We the fishermen all ready pays quit a bit of money for are licenses. I really don't fish on private water ways myself. just my to cents..
[signature]
The problem with the systen , as presented so far is that the land owner can set times, maximum numbers of people and opt out at any time.
This means there is nothing in place to say that the land owner can't accept the payment, allow the stream to be stocked and then declare the land posted again. There is nothing to say that the owner can say the stream can only be fished from 2pm to 4pm, during the heat of the day. There is nothing to prevent an owner from saying only 1 person may fish the water at 1 time preventing you from fishing with a friend or making it so that after driving for an hour and finding someone already there, you even though having paid your money can't fish.

What the anglers of the state need to be doing is bringing suit against the land owners for illegally keeping us off the streambeds from the time of statehood, until the signing of HB 141. Where is our "just compensation" for this denial of our rights.
What needs to be done is a comprimise to be made. To make up for the 114 years our rights were denied, the next 114 years are free.
[signature]
yup they wanty money, and still want the freedom to let their cattle run through the rivers and shit any where they want to
[signature]