Fishing Forum

Full Version: carp fishing bear lake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to me carp are extremely fun to catch, my family and i are heading to bear lake this weekend and i was wondering if anyone has tried to catch those big carp that are swimming around in the shallow water. we are taking a boat but it will mostly be used for recreational purposes [Wink] i own a small canoe and i would like to try my luck for some carp since i have no trolling gear of any kind to try to get some cutts.any help will be greatly appreciated! [cool]
[signature]
south end of BL is loaded with some huge carp! i would bet the marina is also
[signature]
I am new to the forum, but I am headed up to Bear Lake to do the same thing during the last week of the month as well.
I can tell you that I took my kids to Yuba 3 weeks ago for some carp fishing. We caught 60 fish in 3 hours, including this 22 lb whopper.
If you have any success up there, please post it; or if anyone else has been up to Bear Lake and caught anything, I would be appreciative of it.
[signature]
how do you catch the carp at yuba?
[signature]
Just find a shallow sandy beach, put on a worm and sink it to the bottom. Nothing else to it except hold on to your pole. They'll pull it in if you aren't watching it closely.
[signature]
thanks for the help![laugh] i use a mix of flour and eggs to make a kind of dough bait. i will definitely report when i return[Wink]
[signature]
My son in law and daughter were at rendezvou beach last week and just found an area where there was a shallow then deep then shallow area next to the beach an used a worm or whatever else they had a they caught 4 or 5 good sized carp.
[signature]
ive also herd that carp are good to eat if they come out of clean water, im pretty sure bear lake is no exception. has anyone tried to eat carp out of there?
[signature]
I actually did try eating the carp out of Bear Lake a year or so ago. It was actually not bad at all, just kind of a generic white fleshed fish flavor. My problem with it was that it was very bony.
[signature]
awesome![laugh] i would love to be able to catch a few and share with my family around the campfire. i will definately try, thanks!
[signature]
While I was waiting for my wife to back the boat trailer into the water, I pitched a crankbait and a carp nailed it; hardcore.

I was sitting in the State Park marina at Bear Lake.

Those stupid fish will eat anything.

The loading line was pretty long, so I had the opportunity to catch 8 or 10 of the "big lipped bubbas". On my last cast a whopper carp gobbled my lure and broke my line. 'Some beach.

Had fun. Anyone can catch a carp in the marina, they are everywhere.
[signature]