Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strato-G, Neely Henry, Bass -BFL Tourny, 7-18-10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to prefish starting Wednesday @ Neely Henry.......air temp about 84 in AM emoSun , waterwas 89 degree with no emoRain in sight. We fished weed lines and channel drops with little luck here & there. Best on Wed was 6 lbr coming of shakey & finese worm, emoDance , sitting in 22 fow throwing up in 8 fow, line swimming off, emoAngler , set the hook & i thought I had yhe bottom, then it decided to become boss emoBigSmile . Did not like being tugged on, a good fight and there she was....... emoWorthy , nice 6 lbr. Not much rest of day. I would end up with near 12 lbs Wed, 4 keepers weighing 6 lbs and the kicker 6 for the best weight of prefishing. Thurs was extremely hot..100 degree @ 2 pm, found 95 degree water an a lot of Gar. Only had small keepers and few of them. Friday 6:30AM,84 degree, water @ 90 degree emoSun emoSun . We fished up river in new areas, ledge fishing, caught few keeper spots emoUpSmile , couple largemouth. had our plan somewhat figured out, took out at 1:30 PM, again 100 Degree , used all the ice water in cooler around neck with towel trying to AC the emoGeezer body. Sat. AM.....5:30 blast off.....Brian & myself (co-angler) ran to Weiss Dam area, no flow, Brian throws big blade, gets 3 nice spots, later with a plug a good large mouth, culled a couple times to end up 11+ lb & 19th place. I could nt get my 5th emoFish , had 3 good LM & a keeper spot for 10.13 lbs. emoDance . Had me leading for most of weigh in, as we were boat 17, ended up in 2nd place being beat out with a 13.10lb bag. All in all, was a great trip, hot, no rain, little cloud & breeze on Sat to make for better emoAngler . Picture of best fish & couple spots of prefishing . Shakey heads & creature baits & finese worms was my ticket, tried jigs, coulnd not get bit, plugs & blade also was nill for me. emoDance emoGeezer emoUSA