Fishing Forum

Full Version: SpurHunter, Chick, Cats, 7-18-10, WLG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Wade had been on vacation for a week, so was dying to get on the water and find that big bite. Our first spot was a hump in the middle of the channel that has produced for Wade in the past, and while we marked lots of fish, it was slow. <br /> First a channel hit a piece of skipjack free-lined in 35 FOW that NEVER could have swallowed the huge chunk we had on there, but he must have had an appetite like me. Tossed that line back out and with-in 5 minutes had two rods load up, another small channel, and a crazy looking blue cat with a horribly bent-up spine like I have never seen before. It fought hard and obviously had been eating well from the look of its gut. I have caught lots of blue with the bend in the tail, but never a fish this odd looking. <br /> The bite ceased for us there and we decided to hit a bluff up river that was about 32' deep, wrong choice as we never got another sniff after that. The only excitement there was watching a coon forage along the bank, carrying his hind leg off the ground, possibly a break, but who knows. <br /> <br />It was a nice night to be out with the wind blowing pretty good to start with, and nobody on the water to bother us. <br />