Fishing Forum

Full Version: Labman, Chickamauga, Bass/Channel Cats, Do the Dropshot, 07/19/2010, Solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got on the lake about 6:15 from CFP and ran into a windstorm when I hit the channel. Marked some fish on a channel edge, and sent down a Gulp Minnow on a dropshot rig. Had a hit almost as soon as hit bottom and got a decent LM to the surface where he did the "quick release" trick. Looked to be about 3#. <br />Was very tough to hold the boat with the trolling motor, so I moved back to the drivers seat and used the main motor backing into the wind. That worked better, and I caught 4 more fish pretty quickly, all Channel Cats. They do like those gulp minnows. Couldn't get anymore bass as the cats wouldn't leave the bait alone.<br /><br /> Rode up to the nuke area and tried vertical jigging for whites, but nothing doing. Saw Sam the teacher chasing some blues and they seemed to be doing very well. Tried an extended point with nothing doing there too. I thought a nice overcast day would make the fishing easy, NOT!!<br /><br />Moved back downriver and the wind had settled some so tried an open water spot near HBSP and marked a lot of fish at 16' on the edge of a drop to 26'. Tried and new color Glup Minnow, green&yellow??. The bass loved it. I caught 6 sm to med bass there in about 20 minutes, also 1 more Channel Cat. <br /><br />Not too good a day catching, but good to be on the water after a long weekend of no fishing. Saw Hal in the parking lot as I was loading out. He had the kids out today and was chasing some cats too.<br /><br />Regards, Labman<br />