Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, chickamauga, crappie and bass, 8/22/10, Dr Phillip Gawthrop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dr Phil and I went out this AM for some crappie and bass fishing. We did more running than fishing as many of our spots that we wanted to try already had fishermen on them and we didn't have time to take a number and wait. emoBigSmile But for the short time that we spent on the water, it was good for quality fish. Phil caught 2 keeper green trashy fish (LM bass) and a small bluegill to go along with our crappie. We never found any concentrations of fish under any one dock, but would catch 2 or 3 quality fish under the ones that we did try. Again, deeper water on the front of the docks and early on, the count was about 6-8, but later in the AM, it was 15-17 count.<br /><br />The fish were caught on slab slayers, bg shads, and panfish assassins/stubby butts. 1/32 oz jigheads with the plastics glued on and with a tail light in the chartreuse color.<br /><br />We saw Dragfish and partner flailing away at the water from afar. We didn't go over to pester them. Also saw Hal and Catfish1 on up river and chatted them up for a few minutes. Hal, I forgot to look at your new electronics. emoSorry We talked to Bassert on the phone and they were having a CFF meeting at the controversial dock and we didn't get in on that one. emoBigSmile Beautiful day to be on the water. So much water, so little time. Phil had a soccer game to go to or we might have stayed a little bit longer than usual. <br /><br />Too many people fishing on the weekends to suit me. I'm glad that I'm retired and can go through the week. Now if all you guys will just go get a job and leave the crappie alone. emoPoke emoToast emoBigSmile emoGeezer<br /><br />It was foggy in a couple of spots today. emoUpSmile emoUpSmile