Fishing Forum

Full Version: Eight millon Dollar bass ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody signed up with this group offering eight millon dollars to the new record bass at least two onces over the current record? If so what kind of feed back, Percs, info do they offer other than the publicity and funds they are collecting in the meantime?
[signature]

Hi there OneWhoFishes,

I am of the opinion that if a no name catches the new reecord, they are not going to be able to turn it into much more money than interviews and money offered as a reward.

If a pro catches it! Stand by....

I've heard that potential records have already been returned to the water!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR,

you are absolutely right. I still have my sights on the previous CA record large mouth bass caught in a tourney in Castaic. I've been after him for about 7 years now and the Sad part is that I only have until the end of this month do catch him if I can. At Castaic, they release the tourney catch from the upper lake and drop them into the lower lake. If that puppy is still alive, he has to be pushing 30# by now.
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello Guys,[/size]

[size 1]They do also pay out on state records ($25,000 to one lucky angler in California this year), also one angler was 7 ounces away from 8 million! [/size]

[size 1]I am a member but to date my biggest bass is a bit shy of 9 pounds which doesn't exactly put me in the money in California.[/size]

[size 1]I think 8 million to any angler would rally a bit of press for sure. Also I have talked to the management at RecordBass.Com (they advertise at our site) and they said that if that fish is caught that it would be front cover of just about every national sports magazine. Its been a very very long time standing record (I think over 30 years?).[/size]

[size 1]In the September issue of Forbes magazine there is a big write up on this club and the 8 million dollar fish. [/size]

[size 1]Unfortunately, they are currently not taking on new members while they restructure the state program.[/size][/size]
[signature]
The current record's been around for almost 70 years and I'm sure will fall in the next couple of years at most (there's my prediction - hold me to it). As for the money end of catching the next record, yes, a pro will get more money out of it than an amateur, but an amateur would have to be a complete and utter fool to ever have to work again.
[signature]
Hello ADF,

Thank you for the update and I woud have to agree that this record is overdue to be broken. I would also agree that anyone who catches this fish would be very easily set for life!!
[signature]
[cool] HEY THERE THEANGLER,

ARE THEY LOOKING FOR ANY PARTICULAR SPECIES OF BASS? WHICH STATE IS THIS FOR? THE CURRENT STATE RECORD FOR CA, LMB IS 21LB 10oz, CAUGHT IN 1991 AT CASTAIC LAKE IN SO CAL. THAT IS THE LAKE THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO CLOSE DOWN ON SEPT 7TH.
[signature]
Its for all states, they are looking for largemouth/black bass.

I think the Castiac record was brokem twice since that record. Both this year by Dizon Lake Bass.

By the way, How do they close a lake? Are they going to just prohibit all use, or just cut it off to fishing. I have not stayed up on this.
[signature]
By the way, anyone ever here from ACE_CARTER? If i remember he fought the good fight over there with the lake for a long time.

I would be intrested to here what Ace has to say about all of this?

Anyone heard from our seen Ace in a while?
[signature]
[cool] hey there theangler, I started a post with all of the detail in the CA board. Here is a link to it [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi[/url]? post=64319;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

it is called update for Castaic Lake. I included all the detail that I could pickup when I went over there this past weekend.
[signature]