Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lost Creek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from lost creek and my wife and I arrived around 3pm and trolled for a bit and had some luck. We trolled up the long arm and ran into some there and boated I guess 6. We hit the end and headed back to the dam and hit another 4-6 on as well. As the sun went down we hit fish right and left and just kept trolling long the north side from the dam east in about 50' of water. We were heading back to the dock in the near darkness and was using a jointed rapala (2" long) and caught I guess 8 fish in 5 minutes on that. My wife said to pull it in and get to the dock, but how could you leave success and fun like that. So I stayed and kept tolling our way back. Finally I felt bad for her as she was shivering and pulling in the rapala with fish on for the last time....[frown]

All in all we had many fish to the boat and most were on pop gear and lindy worm harnesses, and then the rapala. I guess some 20 fish for the afternoon... great day just to have my wife with me...she hates fishing so I was ticked she came.
[signature]
Nice report, sounds like a fun afternoon. The last time I was there, there were no boats docks, so that is a good addition[Smile]. Did they also widen the boat ramp? Thanks for the info.
[signature]
No, the ramp is still a 1 boat at a time deal. I had to wait for a couple of guys that thought they had to secure and tie down and put all their equipment in their truck there at the waters edge so we ended up having to wait for about 20 minutes for these guys to move up and out of the way.....not too thoughtful!

The water is way down...some 10-12 feet and the buoy that is there at the main channel is almost on ground now. That point goes shallow for ever....
[signature]
I always wanna have an extra jacket or blanket on board. No matter HOW many times I tell my boy - he forgets.

S:"I'm cold, pants are wet"
D:"that's because you wet swimming! Where's the dry change of clothes I told you to bring?"
S:"it's in the car".
D:"Duoh! "

He many look funny wearing my oversized fuzzy jacket, but he feels cuddly, and I get to fish longer!

Funny - you told us about where you fished, and what you fished with, but you neglected to mention what kind of fish you caught. And how big? I presume trout, cuz that's what they stock there. But looks like they carry a pretty good variety. Did ya get a "grand slam"?

Sorry ya didn't get any pictures. Loves seeing those pretty spots!
[signature]
Nice report. I am guessing you meant you were tickled to have your wife on board, and not "ticked." [Wink]

My wife likes to fish with me on occassion, but I still do most trips by myself. I have found out that the reason she "hated" fishing when she was a kid was because older brother and dad would not listen to her and leave when she was ready to go. So when she comes with me I typically plan on having a shorter trip than usual, and I know I may have to leave early, even when the bite is on. For me it is a worthy exchange just to have her with me. And besides there are plenty of trips she doesn't come on.

Just some food for thought.
[signature]
We landed both rainbow and cutts. All fish were good size and they didn't fight until they were 6 feet from the boat, then you knew you had a fish on. I guess I had dbls 3-4 times as well. I just talked to a co-worker and he said he was there last friday and caught some 20 as well from the shore using powerbait only....
[signature]