Fishing Forum

Full Version: Louie B, Carters Lake September Report, Spotted Bass/Walleye, 09.24.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a while since I've posted a report here on CFF, here's whats been going on in September. Water temps are ranging from 76-81 and clarity is 4-5ft and getting better. Fishing has been good for a while now. I had one of the better Augusts I've ever had on Carters and September hasn't been to bad either. I've been primarily using Fish Head Spins, Scroungers, Crankbaits and topwaters early then switching to jig head worms and drop shots rigged w/ Big Bite Soft Plastics later in the day. Numbers vary each trip, most days throughout this month the bite picked up after 10am but now with the full moon this week has been the opposite as the bite's been much better early. Earlier this month during our cool mornings the big Walleye were active and eating crankbaits and jerkbaits, I expect many more Walleye in October.<br /><br />As the cooler weather rolls in next the bite should be fantastic. I've already found a few schools of striper active early this week and the fish head spin bite is getting good too. The Alewive population at Carters has absolutely exploded and the fish are feeding on them heavily. If you've never saw an Alewive I attached a photo of one in comparison to an 8 inch redfin. If anyone is interested in chasing some big spotted bass and stripers please drop me a line, I have days open. Here's a few pics from this month Smile<br /><br /><br />LB<br />