Fishing Forum

Full Version: Could this be a true story?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received the Email below but I'm not sure it was Pineview where it happened, can anyone confirm it?

We went fishing in Pineview today and caught 19 bass and 14 perch. The
3 bass in the picture were right around 11 inches. Char heard a large
splash in the water right beside our boat!!! Ken noticed the stringer
going straight out into the lake!! Now all of this is happening in a
split second!! Oh oh there goes the stringer, GRAB IT!! Ken got it and
approximately a 42 inch Tiger Muskie has one of our bass in its mouth
(you can see the tail of the bass in his mouth) to give you a
perspective of how big the Muskie was. WOW, what a fishing trip - we
did get our bass back after a bit of a fight with the Muskie. See it
pays to take the camera JUST IN CASE. It was pretty exciting.
[signature]
dont know if its pineview or not.
but if those are 11 inch bass, thats one big musky
[signature]
Yes Curt it was pineview. I personally know this couple. They live in the valley and fish the view regularly.
[signature]
He must have been pretty hungry, or it was easy prey. Did you net the Musky ?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2] Ken noticed the stringer
going straight out into the lake!! Now all of this is happening in a
split second!! Oh oh there goes the stringer, GRAB IT!! Ken got it and
approximately a 42 inch Tiger Muskie has one of our bass in its mouth [/quote]

And in that split second, someone had time to grab the camera and take a picture? Or, did the musky want to have a tug-of-war, and it lasted long enough to take some pictures?

Sounds like a fish story to me...
[signature]
I can believe it! Those are some opportunistic buggers! Dine - n - dash!

I've started worrying about rinsing a catch off the side of the boat. A little blood, a little splashing... a few tasty fingers...

I read a post from a feller who was wading/fishing (at Pineview) and found a musky chewing on his stringer of fish tied to his waist. Now THAT would send a few shivers up the spine!
Maybe we need to start manufacturing steel mesh waders. Kinda like a sharkproof diving suit!
Quite a story. Guess I've been fishing with the wrong thing(lures), I can't seem to get hit. Hard to call bull with the pics.
[signature]
You know how these Email stories go, all it takes is someone changing the name and it is just another story from some other place that has tigers. I was hoping someone would know these folks, thanks for confirming the story Mark.
[signature]
I have seen the same thing happen at Newton with perch on a stringer.
[signature]
I was told never to drag a stringer in the Florida everglades...never would of thunk in Utah!LOL Pretty funny!
Smiles Always![cool]
MA
[signature]
Hard to tell where its at but wouldnt doubt if its the view.
[signature]
I hope these anglers don't get in trouble for using bait that's bigger than 1" square!!! Sounds like an incredible story, though.
[signature]
I Can't confirm, but an awesome story! They say more of those toothy critters are caught by accident than by those fishing for them[:p].

Shawn
[signature]
That is why they do the figure eight at the boat when fishing for them...
[signature]
I have personally seen this happen. While bringing in a crappie or bluegill I have had pike come out of nowhere and take a swipe at my catch. I can believe it.

HM
[signature]
I don't know if it was at pineview or not, but who cares, when you see pics like that it just reminds us how awesome fishing is! Keep em commin!
[signature]
indeed, after all starnger things have happened
[signature]
Yep that's Pineview all right, i recognize my spot.[Wink]
[signature]
Common, easy to believe, and most likely true.
[signature]
[quote HockeyMan]I have personally seen this happen. While bringing in a crappie or bluegill I have had pike come out of nowhere and take a swipe at my catch. I can believe it. [/quote]

Had a perch snapped up while reeling in at [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=610395;#610395"]Newton[/url]. Managed to land my first Musky on a dinky ol' Sears kiddie pole, Kmart $10 reel, and 8 lb test. No steel leader... just patience. (and luck!) What a rush! Don't know that I ever hooked the Musky - he might have just been holding on tight!

Next week had one bump my boat snatching at the basslings all around me. Need to hit that again! But I've been wanting to try Pineview too.

Those fish are a riot! Just watch your fingers, stringers, and - well, other parts.[shocked]