Fishing Forum

Full Version: Biggest ever at the Pine - 10/29/2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: icon_eek.gif] [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] The only one caught and probably the last trip there. [Image: icon_pop.gif] Caught him/her on a wave worm. Thought I had a musky on. Had just had my line snipped by what I thought was a musky. [Image: icon_confused.gif] Measured at 18 1/2 in. [Image: icon_eek.gif]

[inline "pne 1.jpg"]

[inline "pine 2.jpg"]

[inline "pine 3.jpg"]
[signature]
That's a beauty, I was expecting a Musky as well. Was nice to see such a lunker LMB pulled out of there. Great job!
[signature]
Very nice didnt expect to see a big boy[cool] nice pics and report. And I dont quit understand the 2nd pic is he rising on your bait just checkin it out? thanks
[signature]
He's hooked and fighting!!! The wave worm has dislodge and moved up the line. [fishin]
[signature]
That's quite the fatty. Maybe I'm not quite ready to give up on bass for the year.
[signature]
Dangit. Had my mind all set on Mantua got Sat morn - see if the weeds have dropped now. Find some fall-hungry troutses. Now ya go and show me more lunker bass from Pineview... but there's some nice bass in Mantua too - just haven't been good at finding them. Need to try some tubes and wacky worms.

Nice hookup - looks big enuf to fight like a Musky alright! I'd be curious what part or the lake/depth you found him at. How are the water temps? Bet your fins are gettin a wee chill this time of year, no?

Thanks for the post.
I have fished the berry in my float tube in the spring bumping into ice chunks and as late as Dec. 12. The fins do get cold but everything else is OK if you dress right. On that Dec. 12 trip I got 9 fish with one at 24". We made it a point to leave before the sun went down aand it was starting to gt really cold really fast. They hit buggers. We were at Renegade fishing the Indian Creek Arm and there was no floating ice that time of year and only a bit of ice where the creek came in. I was wearing long underwear, sweat pants and 3mm neoprene waders with neoprene booties. Daytime temps were high enough the guides weren't freezing until the sun got lower.
[signature]
Now that is a nice greenfish! Nice pics! I'm surprised he outsmarted all the muskies and didn't get chomped yet LOL. I would hate to be a bass at Pine.
[signature]
good on ya. really nice fish.
where do i go wrong here. i think thats a small mouth. hard to tell, but i believe the corner of the jaw is pretty much in line with the eye. i've always heard that with a large mouth, the corner of the jaw will be behind the eye.
you can't always go by color everything in the environment can affect that.
whatever, one like that makes it a good trip.
[signature]
Definitely a largemouth. His mouth is open, that is why the mouth doesn't extend further back. If you look at the pic where the fish is still fighting in the water, you can see how far back the mouth goes. I never rely on that method for identifying bass. Just look at the markings and coloration. It's green with a horizontal black line along it's side. Smallmouth have vertical bars and tend to be more of a bronze color.
[signature]
Caught her in the rocks on N. side of Cemetery. Was in my tube casting to shore. She was 3-5 feet out from the shore and was probably hunkered in the submerged boulders and rocks right next to shore. [Smile]
[signature]
wow thats a dandy bass for sure Congratulations on the big catch and at pineview [cool]
[signature]
You can tell its a LM by the color shape of body and mouth..
[signature]
That is a CHUNK!, Thick all the way back to the tail like that. Nice move...
[signature]
that is a nice fish. congrats on the successful trip. I went 3 weekends in a row the last one being the 29th and got skunked each time. bass is really slowing down. I'm surprised they are still biting. you said he was 3-5 ft. from shore? how deep was it
[signature]
Don't know since it was in submerged rocks, boulders, 2-3 ft,?
[signature]
Nice LMB! How old do you believe that fish was? 18.5" is a dam good fish! The short summers up here don't allow the fish to grow fast enough. Any thoughts? Several years back I caught one similar in size and I released it to fight another day! Since then I haven't been able to hook one that size or caliber at PV.
[signature]