Fishing Forum

Full Version: craazyboutbass, Parksville, Good day, SPotted Bass, 11/1/10, Jimwarden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Well November is here and is already bringing some good fishing with it. Jim and I got on the water this afternoon for a few hours.<br /> We started of really slow, trying to find fish. First place, we boated 2 with one being a keeper LM off a jig. After half an hour we headed up the lake and fished a dock I have been marking alot of fish at lately. Alot of the fish Id mark havent been biting there, so I figured they were probably better fish or not even bass. We stopped there today, came over that big school of fish. Dropshotted them. 35-45FT of water, Imediatly the line gets tight. Set the hook, feels heavy! Fish pulls off emoBang This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, til they quit biting. We managed one fish there that was a keeper. I guess its hard to get a good hook set when you bait is 35-45FT deep with only 10lb test flouro. <br /> Then we started moving around ALOT... could not find any fish for the next hour or two. Didnt even catch one, only one bite. We fished bluffs, points and shallow banks, nothing. <br /> Finally headed back to that dock. Came over the big school of fish again. Dropped down, one picks it up right away in 37FT... missed it. Let the worm sink back down, he or another fish picked it up again... finally I get a good hookset into this one. Nice 17.5" spot. Managed one more small one there up shallow, then they stopped biting. <br /> Went to a creek and started fishing a bluff throwing the jig, nothing. Then started to mark fish suspended in 25-30FT over 40FT. Caught a couple small ones there. Then a boat flies by us and cuts us off on up ahead. Turned the boat around and fished the bank down the other way. Casted the dropshot up in about 15FT, good one picked it up. Put him in the boat, 17.9" spot. Didnt get any more fish there and left when that same boat came around and cuts us off AGAIN on the other side emoEnforce <br /> Moved out to a main lake bluff that ends with a rocky point for our last spot of the day. Fish were all over the graph there. We put atleast 7 or 8 more in the boat there in the next 20-30 minutes. Caught all but one of them in 30-42FT of water. With another good one being our heaviest of the day at 17.7". Caught 3 or 4 keepers there. <br /> Sun went down and we headed out. Bite was great today, thing was you had to find the fish and they were pretty hard to find. They are definatly getting ready to move up and the bite should be great for the next couple weeks. emoThumbsup