Fishing Forum

Full Version: Unconstitutional Law Challenged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad someone is finally challenging the unconstitutional seizure of the public right of way of waterways. Here's a link in the trib.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/506660...t.html.csp
If anyone knows where to send donations to Utah Stream Access Coalition why don't you post information.
[signature]
I'm not sure where that link is. I'm excited about this. Hopefully it makes it back to Supreme Court and we get double jeapordy. I noticed that idiot Ferry got kicked out last election too. Nice work people.
[signature]
Here ya go.

http://www.utahstreamaccess.org/

If the mods nuke the link, PM me.
[signature]
the face book group has alot of info in it also. i find mel brown's comments funny, especially since we wouldent be on private property, we would be limited to high water marks, which in fact is public property.
[signature]
Thanks for the info everyone. I had the same thoughts about Mel Brown's comments.
Too bad politicians aren't require to pass a test on the history and jurisprudence of our country before running for office. In the unlikely event this fails I'm moving out of the recently proclaimed Republic of Utah and back to the USA. I bet a lot of Idahoans hope this is overturned because I'm probable not the only one that will be seeking refuge in their state.
[signature]
Just me, but I think there should be ONE set of laws for fishing and hunting. Nation wide. It is not like we are different countries.
Utah should have the same laws as Idaho, Wyo, Co., etc....all the other laws are national, why not wildlife. Still pay the fee for other states but that fee the same everywhere. Why are out of staters charged so much? Why not raise the fee a couple of bucks and charge everyone the same?
[signature]
Its called federalism Ms. Goddess
Okay, I get that. But every state has the same laws pertaining to driving, etc....why not fish and game. I mean, each state would still require a license for the revenue. But the same laws, for started, how about that 365 days Idaho? And how about OUR rights to OUR waterways Utah?
[signature]
There is one standard for access to rivers that dates back to the original colonies and was in effect here in Utah since the first pioneers arrived. It's just that some states such as Wyoming bend it a little and more recently Utah has tried to ignore it completely. It basically says a navigable river (which means any vessel or even log can float down part of the year under normal conditions) is a public right of way. The interpretation has been up to ordinary high water mark. The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld this standard repeatedly starting long before any of us were born. This is and has always been an American birthright. Idaho laws respects this American standard while our lawmakers have taken a strongly anti-American position.
[signature]
Well Put dog. Greed is so ugly. This is a $$$$ issue all the way. Money out weighs the law. And yet Herbert is still telling us what we can and can't do????????[crazy]
[signature]
Lately the Army Corps has claimed jurisdiction over most dry washes as waterways of the United States. Somewhere there has to be some common sense of what is and isn't a waterway.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Just me, but I think there should be ONE set of laws for fishing and hunting. Nation wide. It is not like we are different countries.
Utah should have the same laws as Idaho, Wyo, Co., etc....all the other laws are national, why not wildlife. Still pay the fee for other states but that fee the same everywhere. Why are out of staters charged so much? Why not raise the fee a couple of bucks and charge everyone the same?[/quote]

I hope it's just you! I can't tell you how unwise that would be.The last thing I want is one central govt. regulating all hunting/fishing. Who's the "one" that could possibly make a "one size fits all" law that would benefit all our states equally? What a nightmare!!!!

P.S. No, the driving laws are far from uniform nation wide. as you assert in your other post.
[signature]