Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lakes Region Fishing Premieres on Sportsman Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Berlin, WI (November 29, 2010)- Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, is pleased to announce Lakes Region Fishing, a new series showcasing the Northeast's superior fishing locales, is premiering the week of December 27. A family oriented fishing show based out of Vermont and New York, Lakes Region Fishing promises to instruct, entertain and educate fisherman at all levels of expertise as the host explores prime fishing throughout the Northeast's nine-state region. Watch Lakes Region Fishing on Mondays at 10:30 am, Wednesdays at 12:30 am and Sundays at 4 pm EST exclusively on Sportsman Channel

The show is hosted by Vermont's own Nate Laskiewicz, a professional fisherman and experienced fishing guide with decades of competitive fishing success. "In my opinion, there is no better fishing than in the Northeast, especially in Vermont and New York. Our show is geared to promote our area and bring visitors and tourism. The Lakes Region is an ideal untouched resource," explains Laskiewicz.

Each episode of Lakes Region Fishing will have dedicated segments that will emphasize local attractions, amenities and points of interest specific to the featured location. "The show will not only educate how to fish, but will highlight the region and reasons to bring the whole family to the area for fishing and recreation," added Laskiewicz. "The premise of the show started with the questions like, 'Is this a lake I would bring my family to?' and, 'What can my family do when not on the water fishing?' From these prompts, a show was born."

Episodes will also feature various fishing conditions and techniques with visual displays including underwater camera angles, a Q&A session with Nate, and demonstrations of the latest fishing technology and sponsor products. Additionally, safety, conservation, health and nutrition tips will be presented by professionals in their respective fields. Laskiewicz will also educate viewers on how to maintain the local fishing resources, protecting waterways for generations to come.

Current locales of Vermont and New York featured on the show include Albany, Lake George region, St. Lawrence Valley, Ticonderoga, and the Finger Lakes all of New York. Burlington and Rutland, Virginia, and the Adirondack Region are also highlighted. Additionally, Laskiewicz recently partnered with the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) to assist them with their "My Great Story" campaign. According to NDSS, the "My Great Story" campaign seeks to ignite a new way of thinking about people with Down syndrome by showcasing and collecting inspirational stories.

To learn more about Lakes Region Fishing, visit http://lakesregionfishing.com and "like" them on Facebook.

About Sportsman Channel:

Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to the more than 82 million sportsmen in the United States, delivering entertaining and educational programming focused exclusively on hunting, shooting and fishing activities. Sportsman Channel is now available in HD, check with your local cable or satellite provider. Acquired by InterMedia Outdoors Holdings in 2006, Sportsman Channel reaches 27 million U.S. television households and is a part of the nation's largest multimedia company targeted exclusively to serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts. Visit www.thesportsmanchannel.com, follow on Twitter, @SPORTSMANchnl (www.twitter.com/SPORTSMANchnl), become a Fan on Facebook, www.facebook.com/sportsmanchannel and download Sportsman App at www.itunes.com/appstore

Media Contact<br />
Michelle Scheuermann, Director of Communications<br />
262-432-9100 ex 111<br />
mscheuermann@thesportsmanchannel.com