Fishing Forum

Full Version: UL Lindon and Pumphouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

We hit UL @ Lindon yesterday early AM and hooked up with wagdog....awesome fishing partner! It took us a few minutes to locate a school of white bass, but when we did it was fish on every drop....all lures, all types...they wanted anything. Fishing was good for about an hour then dropped off at about 10am, just as others arrived to the harbor. We processed all of the fish we could eat that week and released many many many more to swim again.

We headed out to the Pump house at about 11am and found a good # of people on the ice...many from BFT, met some more great, friendly people from the site. The fishing was not great for white bass and we only caught a few of them and a few perch with no size to them. The bluegill fishing was decent, but most were smaller. Fished till 2pm then called it a day. We had enough fish from the white bass that we harvested earlier in the day, so we released all the fish caught at the pumphouse. We were using a silver kastmaster with an ice fly above it about a foot. Tipped with a variety of baits, worms and meat. Tiny bites, spring bobber needed, near the bottom.

Also, someone fell thru going under the gates to get to the side with the building and wall....be careful!!! The ice is loosing ground in all areas with the weather, and it doesn't look good this week either. Safest bet is fishing the docks until the weather gets better (worse?).

Sorry, no pics this time...we did get some awesome video of the white bass attack tho.

Happy fishing
[signature]
great to meet you yesterday Shawn. Too bad the fishing wasnt better. I will have to move around a bit till I find the whities. If the warmer forcasted weather stays here we may not have safe ice at UL much longer. Have to wait for another freeze
[signature]
It was great to meet you as well. We were just happy to be out there, not fishing too seriously. Movement is the key tho, they can be a bit more of a challenge to find as the season goes on..but once you find em'...its on. I hope another freeze happens soon, I am itching to get back out.

Happy fishing, hope to fish with you all again soon.
[signature]
Nice report Shawn, how many holes did you need to drill to find the whites when you got there in the morning? Can you post a little clip of the white bass attack video? Thanks.
[signature]
We did not have to drill many as the holes from the days before were already everywhere....swiss cheese. All I had to do was kick a few open and drop down till I got a hit.
[signature]
So have you considered adding your White bass attack video to the BFT's video section?
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/[/url]
[signature]
If that video gets added, make sure you edit out the part where I almost nuke the camera by kicking it into an open hole. [Wink]
[signature]
I was one of the groups that arrived just as you were leaving, Lindon Harbor, ( I think I talked to you for a minute) We fished for about 2 hours and caught about 50 whities and 1 big bluegil. Kept the gil and about 30 whities. We were about 50 feet out from the dock, about 4 inches of ice 2 inches of solid clear ice and 2 inches of cloudy ice. using ice flies w/wax worms right off the bottom.
[signature]
yeah, it was great seeing you all out there. glad you got some fish
[signature]
Yeah, I'll take that part out. lol. That was us out there today. 5 gills, 3 perch. Not any size to em. A few wb...not a ton tho.
[signature]