Fishing Forum

Full Version: Skeet Reese Goes Back to School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elite Series Pro Speaks at Elementary School Assembly

Auburn, Calif. - Being a Bassmaster Elite Series pro provides an angler opportunity to share their experiences on the lecture circuit. While most of the appearances are at a trade show, or at a major tackle store; sometimes the opportunity to share at a special place presents itself.

Such was the case recently as six-time Bassmaster winner Skeet Reese was invited to speak at an assembly at his oldest daughter's school. The 41-year-old angler used the opportunity to share how he got into fishing at a young age and what inspired him to want to be a professional angler.

The school, a kindergarten through third grade establishment provided the angler with a block of time to share, and he focused his talk on having a dream, and not letting anyone tell them they can't accomplish it. "I knew at an early age what I wanted to be," said Reese. "I'm an example of what can happen when someone stays focused and works hard; I want kids to know that they can have the same experience in life if they work at it."

Reese kept the mood light and the tempo quick as he showed off casting skills, interacted with the students in a fun and lively fashion, and generally entertained students and teachers alike. "I wanted them to have fun, so I ran and jumped and, and acted silly," he said. "Kids aren't going to sit in a lecture for too long, so I wanted to make sure they had fun, along with getting the message about daring to dream.

At the end of the assembly, the angler announced that each student in the school would be receiving a Wright & McGill Co. Skeet Reese Junior Champions combo as they exited the gymnasium. "I wanted to make sure they could experience the fun of fishing, and Wright & McGill Co. helped make sure that happened," he said. "They all screamed and yelled. It was a lot of fun; something I think I'd like to do more of in the future."

Reese's weekly blog on his website talks more about the event, it has pictures of him in action and there is even a video of some parts of the assembly there as well. Check it out at www.skeetreeseinc.com.

Skeet Reese is a Bassmaster Elite Series pro, he is the 2009 Bassmaster Classic Champion and the 2007 Bassmaster Angler of the Year who has compiled career earnings that total more than $2.4 million in career earnings. Reese has qualified for 12 Bassmaster Classic appearances, and has finished in the top 10 53 times, including six wins in B.A.S.S. competition in a 13-year career.

His sponsors include Lucky Craft, Berkley Powerbait, Berkley Trilene, Redemption Lures, Stratos® Boats, Mercury Outboards, TroKar Hooks, MotorGuide Trolling Motors, Wright & McGill Co., Wiley-X Sunglasses, Lowrance Electronics and Monsterfishingtackle.com. Reese is a 41-year-old California native who resides in Auburn, Calif. with his wife Kim, and two daughters; Leamarie and Courtney. Visit his website: www.skeetreeseinc.com.