Fishing Forum

Full Version: Stolen Ice Auger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is completely my fault and I feel like an Idiot. But I left my new from last year Strikemaster auger with the new SOLO engine on it, in the back of my truck while I made a quick run to Walmart in Layton. Of course when I came back the Auger was gone. I've called the police and they will be checking the videos, but if any of you saw any thing or hear of any thing I am more then willing to pay a reward to get it back and catch the Idiots that stole it.
[signature]
What a bunch of [#000050]deleted[/#000050], Hope they catch the S!@# heads that stole your stuff.

Keep and eye on KSL, Ebay and Craigslist. Morons like that aren't too smart, also frequent pawn shops in your area. Usually they have to hold the stuff for a short amount of time before they can display it for sale.
[signature]
Hope for Karma.
That would be when they cut their foot 1/2 off while using it and leave it on the ice while they rush to the hospital.
Then, you find it laying there next to a pool of blood.

Sayin.
[signature]
You got to be kidding!...I kinda feel bad for ya....did u read the thread last week about the guy that had his bucket stolen from the back of his truck?

whoever took ur auger is a lousy [#000050]sob[/#000050]! But theres no sense in tempting fate by leaving something of that value in plain site. At lease cover it up or chain it to the tie downs in ur truck....

thats a hard lesson!! Sad
[signature]

sorry on the language!
Post the details. I'm always watchin' KSL for good deals on gear. I'll be another set of eyes for ya.

This ad just popped up this morning.

[url "http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=13995848&cat=233&lpid=&search"]http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=13995848&cat=233&lpid=&search[/url]=
[signature]
That auger ad has been in the fishing gear section on this site for a day or two...dont think thats the stolen auger!!
[signature]
If it has, then the seller re-posted it last night. The ad has only been online for 10 hours.
[signature]
MA...no i meant the ad was posted on bft (for sale in Utah) on the 11th. I recognized the pics.
[signature]
Ahh I smell what you're steppin' in now!
[signature]
actually...i didnt step in it...saw it in time!! lol
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you are one of the many victims of a "pickup patrol" squad. They operate by having one driver and two guys in the back of a truck driving through busy parking lots, looking into the beds of pickups parked there. Whenever they see something they can grab quick they jump out and throw it in their truck and boogie.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They have caught a few of these teams and found garages and storage sheds loaded with all kinds of stuff they got to sell at yard sales or swap meets. Of course they do occasionally advertise or take their goods to pawn shops but most of it is private sale and not traceable. One group was running truckloads to other states.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I quit trusting people a long time ago. It pains me to be so cynical but there are just too many no-goods who have no respect for the rights of others...or concern for the grief and problems they cause by stealing things that mean so much or cost so much to other people.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have long subscribed to the philosophy that "LOCKS ARE DESIGNED TO KEEP INNOCENT PEOPLE INNOCENT". If you create too much temptation, somebody is going to take advantage of it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry for your loss, man. I just got a new Laser Mag Express from Cabelas, to replace the Electric one they could not deliver. Long story. I just tried out that new Solo motor yesterday for the first time and it screams. I would scream if somebody ripped me off.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i wish i had a power auger [frown]
[signature]
[quote Troll]Hope for Karma.
That would be when they cut their foot 1/2 off while using it and leave it on the ice while they rush to the hospital.
Then, you find it laying there next to a pool of blood.

Sayin.[/quote]

Plus a nice pile of fat fish to boot!

Sorry for your loss man. My dad beat into us during the South Side years - lock it or lose it. My kids think I'm paranoid. I call it cautious. Good luck. These days everyone is on camera half the time they don't realize.
Thanks for everyones support, I think that it's gone forever though. Insurance is going to give me $250 for it which doesn't cover it but gets me started towards another one.
[signature]

Man that sucks!! I had the same thing happen to me this summer. They stole my auger bought the end of last winter right out of my shed at my house. Lousy thieves!!
[signature]
I feel for you man. Last year I had 4 fishing poles and all my fly tying stuff stolen out of the trunk of my car... probably 600 dollars worth of stuff. There's nothing lower than a thief. I'm from Idaho where nobody locks their doors, and that is how I was welcomed when I moved to this great state. It really is a beautiful place, but some of the people give it a bad name.
[signature]
I just read your post, I am a' boy in blue' and am working today--dang it...(well actually I'm reading BFT rather than working) There is an Ice Auger that was pawned at Premier Pawn on the 13th, it is listed as a Solo Mag and not a Strikemaster, might be worth going and looking at... they might need you to bring your police case number to take a look at it..Good Luck!![fishin]
[signature]
Brian

Why didn't you tell me. I could have been on patrol for you. That really sucks. I have 2 hand heldes if you need one to make it through the season.

You should have went and played basketball with us in the morning and then went to the provo for some off the hook top water action in the winter.
[signature]
Found this on ksl check it! http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=...=13&search=
I may have found it i think!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Does seem fishy
[signature]